About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. Restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door for elevated design, built-in marketing tools, actionable data, and a best-in-class customer experience that’s built for growth. BentoBox is trusted and loved by industry leaders such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup, Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop.
Our mission is to empower the world's restaurants to succeed in their mission of hospitality
About This Role: As part of our Business Operations (BizOps) practice, this role is focused on identifying high-impact business opportunities for BentoBox by leveraging quantitative analytics, business strategy, and creative problem solving. Responsibilities include a mix of reactive strategic support and proactive problem solving. This role reports to the head of Strategy & Analytics and will have high visibility to the C-suite.
The right candidate will be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and add structure to ambiguity in order to create value. You know how to decompose a broad, vague problem into discrete, quantifiable, action-oriented analyses. You have the expertise to execute analyses independently using modern BI and analytics tools. You can think strategically and have a meticulous eye for detail. You are comfortable working cross-functionally and building strong relationships to drive change and influence without authority.
What You'll Do:
- Quantitatively define ambiguous problems, place them in strategic context, and structure appropriate analysis frameworks
- Generate deep insights using analytics and data science
- Synthesize actionable insights from quantitative analysis, qualitative research, and stakeholder feedback
- Drive measurable business impact through strategic implementation of analytics
- Manage cross-functional strategic projects from end-to-end, ensuring efforts are appropriately prioritized and using data to evaluate and enhance project efficacy
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to present insights and recommendations executives and support front-line decision makers with detailed data analysis
- Provide analytics support and quantitative expertise across business functions
- Flex and adapt as the organizations’ needs and priorities shift; be willing to play multiple roles to support project execution and enablement
Experience We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g. finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, physical sciences, or other relevant fields)
- Demonstrated track record of creating business impact by leveraging quantitative analytics
- Exceptional ability to add structure to ambiguous problems and logically structure a business case based on data-driven insights
- Experience with SQL and common BI tools, e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Looker, PowerBI
- Proficiency in a statistical programming language, particularly R or Python, and its associated data processing, data science, and visualization libraries
- Versatile communication skills and executive presence, able to present complex quantitative conclusions simply to various audiences, from cross-functional meetings to company-all hands
- Creativity and expertise to find good-enough solutions under resource constraints
- 2-5 years experience in a strategic analytics or data science role in a startup or growth-stage tech company, investment banking, private equity, or management consulting
- Masters degree in math, statistics, economics, data science or business (MBA) with a quantitative concentration e.g. business statistics, marketing analytics
- Demonstrated track record of using more advanced analytical techniques e.g. simulation, machine learning, causal inference, as well as the good judgement to know when simpler methods are appropriate
Perks of Joining Us:
We’re building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary + equity (once we offer again)
- 100% Employer Covered Health Benefits, Dental & Vision offerings
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Professional development, growth and support
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers
- Work from Home Stipend
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.