Strategy and Insights Manager
Strategy and Insights Manager | New York, NY
This is an opportunity for a driven, ambitious and creative professional with previous strategy consulting, business intelligence, market research, and/or journalistic experience to build up a new function within an ambitious, global growth company. While you’ll have support and guidance from leadership, you’ll need to consider what workflow and tools are needed to establish a best-in-class market intelligence and client research function at AlphaSights.
As one of the first hires into AlphaSights’ New Service Innovation (NSI) team, your role will be to understand what our customers want and help us start new services to meet them. AlphaSights’ customers are the world’s leading private equity firms, hedge funds, strategy consultancies and major corporations.
You’ll collaborate with several functions across the organization, building relationships and spearheading initiatives. Over time, your goal should be to become the trusted source for market feedback.
- Develop innovative and unique forms of client feedback channels
- Identify and prioritize key themes e.g. client experience (CX), competition, pricing, etc.
- Upgrade and organize the information already gathered by front-line client service team members
- Understand the voice of the customer (VOC); their priorities, pain points and broader challenges through targeted client interviews
- Answer internal requests and questions from AlphaSights leadership about our current and future market developments and competitor activity
- Use your market understanding to develop strategic recommendations for AlphaSights
- Partner with the product management team to inform them of market signals and feedback
- Proactively update leadership on findings and essential updates
Our Client Insights & Strategy Manager will need drive and creativity to build processes that allow us to regularly discover, organize and assess customer insights and relevant market intelligence. This role helps AlphaSights recognize patterns and spot trends, form product strategy, identify how our core markets are developing and ultimately make well-informed strategic decisions. To accomplish this, you’ll need to develop and launch processes, workflows and digital tools to ensure sustainable and effective gathering, organizing and dissemination of information.
- Confident, personable and able to build trusted relationships internally and externally
- Curious, perceptive and adept at eliciting insights through active listening
- Resourceful, determined self-starter who will not give up in the face of challenges
- An organized and focused person who develops thorough documents and processes
What we’re not looking for
- A high-level “strategist”, distant from frontline account managers and actual clients
- A quantitative analyst mining big data or building complex projections
- 3-5 years of business relevant experience
- Strong process design skills, the ability to define and execute a new process from scratch
- Comfortable with big picture strategic thinking, with the ability to see how various initiatives fit into a larger strategy (i.e. “connecting the dots”)