Strategy & Operations Associate, US Market Strategy at DoorDash
The Strategy & Operations team is responsible for strategic development and growth at DoorDash. Strategy & Operations Associates work to define the value of new initiatives, and run and refine experiments to drive growth. You will dive into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, devise high-impact strategies, and work side-by-side with external teams to make those a reality.
Our best Associates are data-driven, truth seekers, strategic thought partners, operators, and have exceptional relationship-building skills. They combine business context and analytics to take a problem area and implement a customized solution. Think this is you? Read on…
What you’ll do
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the costs and benefits of various initiatives and experiments.
- Strategize – Define recommendations that drive short- and long-term marketplace growth, leveraging a deep understanding of our merchants, dashers, and consumers
- Collaborate – Influence and engage across the company - partner cross-functionally with our Operations, Merchant, Finance, Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams to achieve market goals.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Problem solver – You can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Accountable - You want to oversee the outcome and help improve our most important growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the direction of the company
- Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years experience in banking, consulting, bizops, strategy, operations, technology, or related experience
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience working cross-functionally to achieve shared goals.
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
Nice to haves
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.