Strategy & Operations Associate, US Markets Strategy at DoorDash
Strategy & Operations Associates are the heart and soul of DoorDash. As the people responsible for the development and growth of our business, Associates are essential to the success of each market in which we operate. In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Associates may complete a variety of tasks such as devising and executing marketing experiments to promote our growth, diving into data to explain market performance, building reports, models, and tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x, and working side-by-side with our Engineering / Product teams to develop our future product.
What you’ll do
- Engage – implement initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation (i.e. Ensure we have Dashers on the road, where we need them, when we need them in order to provide an exceptional customer experience).
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the costs and benefits of various programs and experiments.
- Collaborate – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams to improve the dasher experience and achieve the market goals
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Accountable - You want to oversee the outcome and help improve our most important growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the direction of the company
- Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience
- Experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
Nice to haves
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.