Strategy & Operations Lead - Data at Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Are you passionate about the ongoing transformation of healthcare delivery through technology and data? Thirty Madison’s platform is the core infrastructure of our specialized care model. Critically driven by data, we’re looking for a Strategy & Operations Lead to help define, scale, and build out our data operations. This role will report directly to our VP of Data as a force-multiplier, and work closely with department leads and their business unit counterparts. Responsibilities will include helping lead the development of data initiatives, supporting the documentation and dissemination of progress, and supporting the team development of Data. This role is ideally based in New York, with location flexibility in the near term.
You’re the right person for the role if you are:
- Operationally-minded but strategic — you can get in the details but also see the big picture
- Methodical and organized -- you have wonderful planning and project management skills and ruthless at organizing and prioritizing
- Technically sufficient -- you may not be proficient at AI or ETL, but you understand technical concepts well enough to be able to have intelligent conversations with data members
- Intellectually curious — you may not be a specialist at everything, but you have an unending desire to learn and become a wealth of knowledge
- Culturally savvy -- you are passionate about the people element in building a top-notch data team and truly understand the value of the “glue” work
- Project manage data initiatives cross-departmentally to ensure support on day-to-day operations
- Own internal data team processes, including weekly update, quarterly planning, monthly communication, OKR tracking etc.
- Support creation and implementation of new processes and documentation for both technical and non-technical audience
- Own team bonding and cultural developments, serving as thought partner to data function as it evolves, grows and expands
- Identify, scope and manage a range of special projects to help us scale more efficiently and effectively
You should have:
- Extensive experience managing cross-functional operational and analytical workstreams in sophisticated or high-growth environment
- Experience working on / with data analytics function in a tech startup environment
- Technical sufficiency and well-versed in SQL and other basic data technologies
- Some experience “selling”, whether in a sales role or in a role where you needed to gain internal consensus to move forward
- Proven project and stakeholder management skills
- Confirmed data retrieval, analytics and presentation skills. You should know how to tell a story with data and insights
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of rapidly growing access to healthcare
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience in management consulting or investment banking
- Familiarity with the e-commerce tech industry
- Experience as an early data hire in a startup environment
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.