Strategy & Operations Manager, Special Operations at DoorDash
Special Ops Managers are the tip of the spear. We’re looking for unicorns–people who can think strategically at the highest level while also understanding the bits that need to flip to follow through on the execution. A Special Ops Manager has an aptitude for blending analytics and creativity to scope and solve complex logistical problems, the operational prowess to get stuff done, and the self-starter compass to start moving on to the next problem right away.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Consistently innovate and execute on unique strategies for dasher, customer, and merchant operations across our business.
- Experiment - Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from pickup times to restaurant selection to support agent efficiency.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of cross-marketplace programs and experiments.
- Build – Create new business by exploring growth opportunities with our partners for the DoorDash Marketplace and other verticals.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, BD, and Marketing teams to drive strategic initiatives and harness opportunities.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex projects, can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing process.
- Flexible Learner – You can ramp from being familiar to being an expert in a matter of days.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- Owner – You’re always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome – both the good and the bad.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Excel skills (can perform complex functions); SQL knowledge is a plus
- Experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Experience with marketplace businesses preferred
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.