Supply & Inventory Planner
About the team:
The Global Sales & Operations Planning (“S&OP”) team at Harry’s is responsible for supply and demand planning globally and is part of the Global Operations organization. The team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance and in enabling senior management to make business-optimizing decisions.
About the role:
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative individual to join our Global S&OP team. This person will support the global inventory planning team as a category Inventory Planner, managing end-to-end supply flow, including, but not limited to, analyzing initial needs based on demand, utilizing the inventory planning system (MRP), scenario planning, component planning, capacity planning, understanding purchase order pipeline, reconciling and tracking deliveries, and updating in DC status as needed. This role will report to the Director, Supply and Inventory Planning. They will work in close collaboration with the broader Operations and Finance teams, and have frequent interaction with multiple company departments globally. This is also an opportunity that affords significant exposure to senior-level operations for a high-growth consumer brand. The role is based in our New York office, but may require occasional travel and close partnership with colleagues and external partners around the globe.
What you’ll do:
- End-to-end supply planning
- Inventory planning:
- Appreciate the supply chain flow and the key inputs affecting supply delivery (MOQs, lead times, transit times, etc.) to plan for global inventory need at a SKU level
- Understand how we can account for demand forecast variability through inventory strategy
- Create and manage to global inventory metrics, including value, turn, coverage weeks, etc.
- Facilitate component production planning with supply chain partners
- Recognize commercialization pipeline needs and strategically apply to longer term capacity planning needs
- Global inventory strategy execution:
- Utilize SAP byDesign and MRP to run PO production plans and process purchase proposals
- Responsible for allocating a category of products across multiple global DCs
- Track and reconcile PO deliveries weekly with suppliers in partnership with cross-functional supply chain team members
- Excess and obsolete inventory recognition:
- Help to develop a strategy to address low demand/high stock inventory
- Reach for alignment by providing visibility in a proactive manner and anticipating feedback
- Process implementation
- Partner with teams to create new and sustainable processes to ensure accuracy of metrics and delivering to goals, as well as allowing for agility in the decision-making process
- Assist in identifying pain points and set goals to improve
- Help to build organizational capability to support an evolution to a consumption driven supply chain and be able to transition from monthly to weekly to daily planning in keeping with the organization's strategic road map
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide weekly updates from suppliers on quantities/timelines to cross-functional teams
- Question the why’s and what if’s of information from external suppliers
- Work closely with demand planning to understand the forecast need
- Learn about and apply cross-functional impact on inventory availability for future
- Partner directly for process improvement and to manage expectations above, below, and across functions
This should describe you:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, with 2+ years’ experience in an analytical/data-driven environment
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, modeling capabilities a plus!
- Ideally has experience with various BI systems to be able to pull and manipulate data as needed
- MRP/SAP/SAP by Design experience a plus
- Strong communication skills, especially in keeping relevant parties informed of changes, and understanding the cross-functional implications
- Very detail-oriented and follows through on his/her responsibilities
- Problem-solver mentality—is curious, asks questions, and able to identify issues/challenges and utilize partner resources to try to solve for it or elevate as needed
- Wants to learn and will be flexible to grow with the team/company in this fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proactive and forward-looking mindset
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and our selves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Director of Supply and Inventory Planning
- Work on the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) team
- Work cross-functionally with demand planning, sourcing and distribution/logistics operational partners, finance and accounting teams
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.