Imagen enables Primary Care providers to become technology-enabled multispecialty practices, powering a successful transition from fee-for-service to value-based care. Imagen’s comprehensive platform includes in-office diagnostic testing, diagnostic interpretations powered by proprietary FDA-cleared machine learning software, and virtual specialist consults. Imagen’s platform empowers Primary Care providers to achieve healthcare’s quadruple aim of increasing quality, lowering costs, and improving the patient and provider experience.
Imagen’s team includes over 100 clinical, technical and business personnel. Imagen’s software has received first-of-its-kind FDA clearances, and its research has been published in leading peer-reviewed journals. Imagen has raised $135 million in capital from investors such as Google Ventures, Casdin Capital, and Threshold Ventures. Imagen was founded in 2015 and is based in New York City.
We’re looking for a Technical Lead to shape the technical vision and implementation of data systems that are critical to building and testing our AI-based products. This role is a great fit for candidates with several years of software engineering experience delivering and building on data pipelines, warehouses, and analytics tools.
Our ideal teammate is someone who wants to build technology that will directly save patient lives. You are focused on impact over elegance. You will always hold the patient above all else. You are highly technical and have a track record of making impactful contributions on technically challenging problems.
- Hands-on, high-impact, high-leverage technical contribution
- Lead the technical development of creative solutions that will ultimately save patient lives -- guide and review roadmaps, designs, plans and estimates, and development for PB-scale data systems
- Be a partner to product, leading technical decisions across cross functional teams that will include software engineers, machine learning researchers, clinicians, and operations analysts to ensure we are building the right product
- Champion software development practices that ensure patient safety
- Be a technical mentor to both our machine learning research engineers and software engineers ensuring we are holding high standards and building effective medical devices
- Mission-driven and passionate about building technology that will directly save patient lives
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, navigating and communicating short- and long-term trade-offs and always keeping the goal of helping patients above all else
- Good judgement and bias toward backing opinions with data
- 6+ years of professional software development experience with exposure to best practices, ideally across various teams and environments
- Breadth of experience in modern technologies
This role is remote or may be based in New York, NY
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.