Cadre is building a technology-driven investment platform for commercial real estate, opening up access to a 16 trillion dollar asset class favored by private equity firms, hedge funds, and institutional investors. Our platform connects qualified individuals and institutions to fully vetted, compelling real estate investment opportunities. We combine our institutional experience with differentiated technology in order to empower our investors through direct access, lower fees, and greater transparency. Our mission is to provide superior access and insight to the universe of alternative investments.
Cadre is looking for a Vice President of Asset Management who will be responsible for direct oversight of asset management activities related to Cadre’s rapidly growing portfolio in partnership with the Director of Asset Management and broader Asset Management Team. You will have an opportunity to provide strategic and technical leadership through acting as the liaison between Cadre and its operating partners with a specific focus on overseeing the portfolio of real estate assets located throughout the U.S. and serving as an inhouse asset management expert. In addition, you will have an opportunity to successfully build and maintain strong relationships with company leadership, Finance, Investor Relations, the broader Investments Team, and external operating partners. As a successful candidate, you have a strong work ethic and motivation to learn, as well as meticulous attention to detail. You are also results-oriented, looking for professional growth within real estate investment technology, and are excited to make a large impact at a high-growth innovative financial-tech company.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for direct oversight and strategic asset management of a portfolio of real estate assets located throughout the U.S.
- Develop and implement strategy for each investment including hold/refinance/sell recommendations.
- Actively review monthly operating reports to help identify and track operating performance trends, operating budget variances, and significant changes in the assets and their respective markets.
- Monitor and track compliance of all guidelines in the loan documents, joint venture agreements, and other relevant agreements.
- Generate asset management reports for internal and external use.
- Closely partner with key stakeholders, building strong relationships with internal and external partners to enhance operational functions and provide value-add support.
- Develop detailed working knowledge of the organization and how the functions partner together internally and with external parties.
- Ensure the fiscal integrity of portfolios through diligent monitoring and managing of owned assets with operating partners to maximize distributable cash flow and long-term economic value in addition to working with operating partners to create operating budgets and business plans.
- Collaborate closely with acquisitions and investor relations teams on all aspects of the portfolio.
- Lead quarterly asset review process with Senior Management.
- Lead calls with operating partners for asset and market performance updates.
- Proactively strengthen processes, and be accountable for accuracy, integrity and timeliness of key projects through regularly monitoring the progress of capital improvement projects and spending for adherence to approved plans and for identifying cost variances.
- Monitor market research and geographic trends relative to investment value, leasing, costs, and supply/demand fundamentals in conjunction with Cadre’s data science program and provide findings and insights to key partners.
What You Have:
- 6-10 years of experience with equity investments across multiple property types with an emphasis in multifamily, industrial, office properties.
- Strong understanding of real estate fundamentals.
- Demonstrated understanding of Excel and Argus and overall modeling process.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A heightened attention to detail – must be meticulous and consistently accurate.
- Proactive, diligent team player who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment