We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
As the Volume Management, Business Insights Manager, you will be responsible for optimizing our decision making skills across different product lines & business units. You will help create a dashboard to help with all things data & reporting. You will also be instrumental in ensuring our metrics are accurate and up to date as well as be a key team member in charge of updating the executive-level team with synthesized trend reports.
- You will build out our “control panels”, a live view of all the critical levers of the business
- You will obsessively monitor our metrics to ensure (1) nothing is breaking, and (2) we’re tracking to goals based on financial model and operating plan
- You will build and maintain executive-level synthesized trend reports (weekly metrics, quarterly/yearly reports)
- You will perform ad hoc analyses to diagnose trends in data and explain patterns
- You will provide data-driven insights and recommendations to our teams (acquisition, growth, sales, operations, cap markets) with a focus on optimizing revenue and margins
- 4-5 years of experience in an analytics or finance role at a private equity firm, hedge fund, or investment bank
- Advanced degree in a quantitative subject (ex: Math, Physics, Computer Science)
- You have expert-level proficiency in both SQL and Tableau. Ideally, you are also well versed in Python, R, or some other advanced analytics tool.
- You have a high level of organization and attention to detail; you'll create and manage reporting on dozens of KPIs and metrics based on a vast and not-always-clean dataset.
- You have the ability to operate independently; you'll spot trends before they're apparent to others and make recommendations to ensure metrics continue to trend in the right direction.
- You have experience working with open-ended questions and have a track record of turning fuzzy problems into actionable data.
- You are business-driven, and care about getting to the bottom of how to drive bottom line results.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.