Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As the Volume Management, Business Insights Manager, you will be responsible for optimizing our decision making skills across different product lines & business units. You will help create a dashboard to help with all things data & reporting. You will also be instrumental in ensuring our metrics are accurate and up to date as well as be a key team member in charge of updating the executive-level team with synthesized trend reports.
- You will build out our “control panels”, a live view of all the critical levers of the business
- You will obsessively monitor our metrics to ensure (1) nothing is breaking, and (2) we’re tracking to goals based on financial model and operating plan
- You will build and maintain executive-level synthesized trend reports (weekly metrics, quarterly/yearly reports)
- You will perform ad hoc analyses to diagnose trends in data and explain patterns
- You will provide data-driven insights and recommendations to our teams (acquisition, growth, sales, operations, cap markets) with a focus on optimizing revenue and margins
- 4-5 years of experience in an analytics or finance role at a private equity firm, hedge fund, or investment bank
- Advanced degree in a quantitative subject (ex: Math, Physics, Computer Science)
- You have expert-level proficiency in both SQL and Tableau. Ideally, you are also well versed in Python, R, or some other advanced analytics tool.
- You have a high level of organization and attention to detail; you'll create and manage reporting on dozens of KPIs and metrics based on a vast and not-always-clean dataset.
- You have the ability to operate independently; you'll spot trends before they're apparent to others and make recommendations to ensure metrics continue to trend in the right direction.
- You have experience working with open-ended questions and have a track record of turning fuzzy problems into actionable data.
- You are business-driven, and care about getting to the bottom of how to drive bottom line results.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.