Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We are looking for a senior leader to spearhead our efforts in deploying both a vision and strategy for how insights and analytics can transform DO’s roadmap for today’s and tomorrow’s cloud ecosystem.
This leader will be leading the Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence, and Data Engineering functions, which collaborate stakeholders across the organization to catalyze business growth by providing robust and relevant analysis, insights, predictions, and actionable data-guided recommendations, built on a robust data and business intelligence platform. This role will act as the driving force in communicating the relevant findings needed to steer strategic decision making at the Executive level, whilst ensuring the team is enabled to execute on key insights projects and broad cross-functional initiatives. DigitalOcean is a highly collaborative company. You will be engaging with business teams from engineering, product, marketing, sales, finance and people, to cut through the noise and provide actionable intelligence.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead and continue to grow a team of high performing Analysts, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists that can quickly and accurately synthesize data into impactful insights.
- Understand and manage the data needs of stakeholders across the company. Develop the vision and map strategy to provide proactive solutions and enable stakeholders to extract insights and value from data.
- Provide leadership in developing standards, architectural design, and best practices to maintain an exemplary data management organization
- Partner with key stakeholders (including product, marketing, finance, sales, and engineering) to meet analytical needs and continuously improve our insight-creation capabilities
- Ability to influence and gain buy-in to achieve desired results
- Anticipate data needs across the organization and work with functional leads to advocate for data-driven decisions and frameworks
- Work closely with DO’s executive team to help set business strategy, initiate and direct execution across a number of key programs and initiatives, and drive informed high-impact decisions
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in partnering with Engineering, Product, and Infrastructure to capture and utilize data effectively.
- Partner with the Engineering organization to develop and execute on a company-wide Data and Technology strategy, ensuring high availability of, and confidence in source data.
- Further build and enhance career development for the team, especially those with a more technical background, to ensure team members understand current expectations in their role and potential career path(s). Foster mentoring throughout the team.
- Deep knowledge and experience in data and analytics, insights creation and strategy development.
- Experience managing and mentoring data science, data engineering, and/or analytics teams, managers, and directors
- Strong strategic business acumen, experience in change management, and a continuous improvement champion and presenting to C-level audiences
- Strong knowledge of data architecture, and business intelligence data modeling principles.
- Business operations process knowledge for a SaaS based company
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills and experience partnering with diverse business teams to develop and execute against a technology roadmap
- Understanding of business strategy and key-competitors within the Cloud Computing SaaS industry
- Background in ETL and data processing - you know how to transform data to meet business goals
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!