VP of Data at Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
We are collecting what we believe is the world's most comprehensive repository of data for the chronic health conditions on which we focus. By effectively utilizing this data, we have an opportunity to better manage our existing business, launch new businesses, and provide a more comprehensive and effective offering for our patients. Having the right data at our fingertips and deploying it in creative ways can significantly improve patient outcomes. For example, using predictive analytics to synthesize a migraine patient's medical history, recent symptoms, and current medication regimen to propose a new, life-improving treatment path is something that doesn't happen in healthcare today.
We are looking for a VP, Data to help us make moments like that possible throughout our businesses, and drive the strategy and execution for how Thirty Madison should organize, analyze, and utilize data.
As VP of Data, you will be responsible for building and leading our data organization, including the Data Analysis, Data Engineering, and Data Science teams. You will collaborate with business leaders across all of our brands and platform functions. You will help us to refine and scale our existing data practices, as well as lead the team to build new capabilities from the ground up. You will also play a critical role in developing and advocating for a data-driven culture across the company.
The ideal candidate has experience scaling data organizations within a fast-growing startup. You care about building a diverse and inclusive data culture. We look for teammates who are humble, curious, kind, proactive, resourceful, and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive change in healthcare and improve how millions of people manage chronic health issues.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- A visionary who can map the path for building a data operation that can deliver business and healthcare insights at scale, and then execute against that vision
- An established data leader, who can partner with stakeholders to drive data-driven decisions
- An experienced manager, who can mentor and develop junior and senior members of a data team
- A creative and versatile problem solver. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
- A clear communicator who can work cross-functionally and tell easy to understand stories with data
- Capable of rolling up sleeves and delivering as an individual contributor when necessary
- Motivated by the opportunity to change how chronic conditions are treated
- Passionate about data and using it to drive strategic decision making
Some things you will work on:
- Develop the strategy to provide short-term and long-term data solutions for both growing our business and delivering meaningful healthcare insights for the treatment of chronic conditions
- Collaborate with team leaders from across the organization to create data roadmaps that will help each business unit and functional group to achieve success
- Identify new and impactful opportunities for Thirty Madison based on emergent data
- Oversee the buildout of data infrastructure and processes, including data governance and data integrity approaches
- Understand end to end data management interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and data transformations, and how they impact business decisions
- Facilitate the establishment and execution of the data roadmap for information delivery and management, including our data warehouse, processing and modeling “big data”, B.I. reporting and dashboarding, and product insights and analytics
- Establish the vision for data science at Thirty Madison and build that function from the ground up
- Grow and develop our data team, which currently consists of three data analysts and one data engineer
You should have:
- 12+ years of experience working in data teams, with 5+ years in a leadership / management capacity
- Direct experience managing across data functions, specifically including at least two of the subject areas of data analysis, data engineering, and data science
- Experience partnering with business teams to understand business goals and seamlessly integrate them into our data roadmaps
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Experience with predictive analytics and/or productionalizing machine learning models
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
Bonus if you have the following:
- Prior experience working in digital healthcare, ideally using data to measure and drive improvement in health outcomes
- Understanding of D2C and subscription business models, and the types of analyses typically done to assess the health of these businesses and unlock value
- Experience with Thirty Madison’s current data stack, which includes Snowflake, Looker, Stitch, dbt for transformations and modeling, Prefect for orchestration, and Snowplow for event tracking
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*