VP, Policy, Data Security & Accreditation
VP, Accreditation, Policy, Data Security and Privacy
Reporting Relationship: Chief Operating Officer
Founded in 2008, DoubleVerify (DV) is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness of digital media for the world’s largest brands and media platforms. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance by bringing transparency and accountability to the market and ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance. DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies across every major vertical, including financial services, telecom, automotive, retail, CPG, travel, luxury and pharmaceuticals gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best-in-class solutions across the digital ecosystem. Let’s build a better industry.
The VP, Accreditations, Policy, Data Security and Privacy will be responsible for ensuring DoubleVerify has a competitive advantage in the market by building a best-in-class enterprise-level privacy, data security, policy and accreditation strategy and operations function. This role will position DV as the standard for the most secure, privacy-compliant and independently evaluated media authentication company globally. The role directly leads and manages the Product Accreditations and Policy Operations team that is responsible for developing DV’s internal product policies and operational compliance programs as well as ensuring the timely completion of external audits, certifications and industry accreditations. In addition to this responsibility, the role carries a high level of business ownership and visibility within DoubleVerify and through interactions with major associations and third parties in the online advertising industry. Furthermore, this role will be responsible for establishing a team as the focal point for GDPR, CCPA and other privacy-related contract operations, and advise the product and executive teams on implications related to upcoming regulations or industry guidelines. This position requires strategic thinking, an analytical mind, ingenuity, innovation and a can-do attitude.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Oversee DV’s expanding global accreditation and certifications footprint to ensure DV’s 3rd-party accreditation and certifications meet the business needs of the company, expand to include new services, and serve our growing global customer base.
- Recruit and hire a team to develop and implement DV’s product policies to centralize documented practices that govern our product operations in areas like content classifications, privacy, fraud determination, piracy, client practices and more.
- Partner with legal, privacy, product, sales operations and other internal and external resources to develop strategy and ensure developed policies meet the needs of the business and are updated as needed.
- Establish the needed operational practices necessary to ensure product policy is being adhered to in a global organization and compliance, where needed, has the capability of being audited.
- Oversee the expansion of DV’s data security practices to be aligned with our growing global scale.
- Lead a team to take ownership of all privacy strategy and operations at DoubleVerify.
- Form strategic relations with the industry organizations that establish new accreditation, verification, measurement or other standards and represent DV customers’ interests in those relationships.
- Partner with global organizations to establish policies and practices that impact media authentication DV’s products. Establish and advocate for DV customers’ interests in these relationships.
- Build partnerships with industry associations, browser companies, government organizations and other privacy-influencing entitles and participate in any relevant working groups to ensure DV’s product’s set the standard for privacy-compliant measurement and can influence any changes that impact our services.
- 12+ years of privacy, policy, data security or other relevant experience including 8+ years directly applying these skills in the online media environment..
- B.S. or equivalent/higher level of education in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional understanding of common online advertising and measurement solutions, the online advertising ecosystem and the various media buying channels.
- Deep background in online privacy and data security and proven ability to implement effective technical and operational controls in enterprise-level organizations.
- Experience or understanding of online advertising accreditation practices and working knowledge of accreditation and certification processes.
- Ability to recruit, engage and develop a team.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills at all levels within the organization. Ability too translate technical and legal content into business understandable terms; successful market-facing presentation skills with C-suite level executives.
- Superior data analysis skills. Ability to personally deliver strategic insight and action from information.
- Passion and desire to play a key role in leading a high-growth business in a fast-moving and competitive landscape.
- Organized with a rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence, and a positive “can-do” approach.
- Experience working on privacy and data security terms in legal contracts.