Web Classification Analyst
Web Classification Analyst
New York, NY
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leader in digital performance solutions, improving the impression quality and audience impact of digital advertising. Built on best practices, DoubleVerify solutions create value for media buyers and sellers by bringing transparency and accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance.
Since 2008, DoubleVerify has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry.
Headquartered in New York City, DoubleVerify’s investors include JMI Equity, Institutional Venture Partners, Blumberg Capital, First Round Capital and Genacast Ventures. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
Are you a secret, or not-so-secret, web junkie? Do you have several websites and channels that you visit every day? If so, we have a unique entry-level opportunity for you on our growing classification team.
As part of DoubleVerify’s impression quality product, our classification team reviews thousands of websites every month to determine if they contain inappropriate, non-brand-safe content, such as controversial topics, copyright infringement/piracy, profanity, nudity or pornography.
This is a great opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic recent college graduate interested in getting started in online media and content management. You’ll get to grow your knowledge of the ad tech industry and online space across international markets. You’ll also learn popular tools and technologies, as well as valuable skills, that will help meet the needs of top clients across industries.
What you’ll do
- Analyze and categorize a wide variety of websites, including those pertaining to celebrity gossip, video games, sports, and politics
- Use our custom web application to search for key concepts and terms and review search results to find recent and relevant examples of non-brand-safe content
- Support internal teams by providing category explanations and updates as needed
- Assist with special projects providing analysis of the accuracy of categories
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in liberal arts or social sciences
- Knowledge of G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs) and Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel
- Bonus points if you’re fluent or have intermediate skills in Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, or Japanese
- 1-2 years in ad tech or online media industry desired, but not required
- Web-savvy, and can comfortably talk about well-known or popular sites. (Tell us about your favorite websites and why they interest you!)
- Naturally curious learner with an interest in local and international news, as well as pop culture
- Critical thinker who can identify and describe themes and tone of web content
- Comfortable seeing and talking about sometimes sensitive or explicit textual and visual content
- Enjoy working on your own, but can collaborate with a team when needed (please note this role is not customer facing)
- Good at staying self-motivated and on task