Web Conversion Optimization Analyst
About You: SmartAsset is hiring a Conversion Optimization Analyst to help improve the consumer experience across smartasset.com and increase site performance for our lead generation and financial product businesses. This person will develop a program of continuous optimization across key areas of the site, including homepage and acquisition funnels, working with UX/Product and Tech to devise and measure tests to increase conversion rates. This role reports to the VP of Digital Marketing.
- Develop and test hypotheses around user behavior that impact performance of key areas around the site
- Work with UX researchers to uncover points of friction and ideate more engaging experiences
- Partner with UX, Product and Tech teams on test requirements, launch and measurement
- Measure statistical significance of outcomes and report results regularly to management
- Raise the overall yield of key areas of SmartAsset from advertising and lead generation revenue
- Monitor key engagement and revenue metrics across site through Google Analytics, Mixpanel and Data Engineering tools
- Optimize landing pages, CTAs, etc. through constant split testing
- Accountable for hitting quantitative revenue and conversion goals
- BA/BS in Marketing or a quantitative field
- 1-2 years’ experience in web optimization role conducting tests and measuring outcomes
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Tag Manager, and at least one A/B testing platform such as Optimizely, Unbounce etc.
- Ability to interpret large data sets and extract key insights
- Creative mind able to generate test ideas independently based on consumer research and analytics
- Dogged persistence at uncovering incremental improvements
- Track record of significant business gains through iterative testing
- Ability to interpret quantitative results correctly and articulate them to management
- Some experience in HTML, JS and CSS preferred, particularly regarding building digital experiences for experiments
- Familiarity with paid / organic digital marketing strategies
- Ability to work autonomously, be a "self starter", solve problems and overcome obstacles
- Positive attitude in the face of challenges. Ability to rise and adapt.
- SQL experience a plus