Deployment Planning Manager
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Deployment Planning Manager at Intersection, you will be responsible for planning, design, deployment, and placement of street furniture within cities and the communications networks that support them. You will manage a team of planners to solve industry challenges while performing regional and site level geospatial analysis to support deployment and operations of multiple Intersection products across multiple markets. You will have full lifecycle responsibility from creation to execution with direct oversight and guidance of the team.
What you will accomplish:
- Assess and develop technical requirements and make recommendations that become the plan of record used by cross-functional teams for implementation and evolution of products and services
- Develop requirements based on the assessment of business needs, technical capability and availability timeline for new and existing cities and opportunities. Manage all aspects to produce a complete, coherent deployment plan.
- Must obtain agreement along all internal and external stakeholders, resolve project conflicts and potential roadblocks, and manage execution of plans
- Serve as main deployment point of contact for partners and outside agencies, particularly civil and infrastructure partners as well as internal staff such as Product
- Complete business and technical case analysis to identify viable solutions, perform financial assessments, and recommend appropriate course of action to meet business needs at optimal cost
- Utilize GIS technologies to perform spatial analyses to create and update maps to evaluate operations, infrastructure, land use, and business opportunities
- Upload & maintain data in collaborative databases and project management tools supporting deployment & other teams
- Quickly communicating issues to leadership to resolve issues
- Work independently to quickly grasp detailed component level understanding of various network elements and system deployment
- Develop planning documentation
- Provide leadership to the planning team by managing, coordinating and developing staff
What we are looking for:
- 10 years experience urban planning, designing and building telecommunication networks
- BS in engineering, computer science, urban planning or related field
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse team with minimal guidance from management
- Ability to maintain multiple projects and priorities at once and effectively finish projects in a timely manner
- Strong analytical/ quantitative skills and versed in a data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Confident, proactive and flexible, able to identify critical tasks and milestones and to make progress on multiple simultaneous tasks
- Proficient in Excel, GIS, SQL, CAD experience a plus
- Knowledge of IT systems and operational methods
- Demonstrate advanced abilities to lead team and mentor
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, and schedule work)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and partner management)
- Intermediate knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.