Architectural Visualization Lead at WeWork Technology
Our New York studio is looking for an architectural visualization artist for our Architectural Visualization Lead role that can bring best-in-class quality renderings, keen aesthetic sensitivity and demonstrated mastery of organic forms, vegetation and details. We are seeking artists with strong technical ability, outstanding creative vision, and passion for their craft. With an eye for detail and a talent for photorealistic asset creation, the artist works with a variety of 2D and 3D software packages to create images with superior texturing and lighting details.
Your New Role:
- Create compelling visualization imagery and renderings by using supplied models utilizing Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DS Max, VRay, CAD and Rhino.
- Organize work efforts, identify and project time and other required resources, self-monitor time spent on tasks, and frequently update project teams with progress.
- Render images in 3D forms from mechanical design to organic objects, and from photo-realistic to stylized.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Work closely with design teams interpreting architectural designs as specified within project sketches, architectural drawings or models; realizing those designs as compelling imagery.
- Work with designers and architects to provide design iterations, pitch material, and concept images for high profile specialty projects.
- Assist with defining processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Create a variety of organic and non-organic texture materials that will be applied to 3D models.
- Apply lighting and shading to properly represent photorealistic quality of renderings; consistently display a strong attention to detail and finishes.
What you will need to succeed:
- Must possess an Architectural background.
- Familiarity incorporating landscapes and streetscapes preferred.
- Developed sensibility about narration and storytelling as it relates to visualization
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DS Max, VRay, CAD and Rhino.
- Able to create visuals in the full spectrum of diagrammatic to photorealistic renderings.
- Able to work at high speed with highs and lows in the schedule.
- Able to be a self-starter and meet deadlines.
- Overall strong graphic abilities and sensitivity.
- A good understanding of Light and Color. Along with composition, and basic art principles
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Understands industry production concepts and applications as it pertaining to architecture, interior design, urban design and planning.
- Stay current on all technology related to 3D and photorealistic imaging to streamline CGI development.
- Willingness to train others by developing rendering protocols, system standards, and continually researching ways to enhance outputs.
Additional Skills and Interests that will make you successful:
- Knowledge of AR/VR and Unity.
- Knowledge of Multimedia software such as Adobe After Effects and Premier.
- Knowledge of creating animations and fly-throughs.
- Photography skills a plus.
- General interest in technology and innovation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design or Industrial Design.
- 5+ yrs experience in a design or studio environment.
- Understanding of color, composition, and lighting in imagery.
- Intermediate / expert knowledge of 3ds Max 2018+
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, Sketchup, V-ray, Grasshopper, Corona, 3DS Max, Maya.
- Knowledge of Halolens, Unreal, Unity, Zbrush, a plus
- Knowledge of lighting and render settings with Vray 3.4+
- Intermediate knowledge of Virtual Reality
- Intermediate knowledge of Augmented Reality
- Expert knowledge of industry standard 3rd party plugins.
- Expert knowledge of editing and compositing with Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with various 2D and 3D CGI workflows and processes
- Takes initiative to experiment with new software and industry trends.
- Active follower and contributor of the 3D arch-viz community.
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
Candidates must submit a proper portfolio in order to be considered for the position.