Art Director, Apparel at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Art Director at Peloton, you will be responsible for the development, presentation, and creation of visual assets that will be used across advertising channels including but not limited to: native app, email, print, social, and paid media. This role will be responsible for overseeing and developing various visual deliverables across retention marketing. The successful candidate will possess a sharp creative eye, a strong creative thinker and innovator, and a solid attention to styling, branding, typography, and passion for marketing. They will collaborate closely with Peloton’s internal creative team and work alongside, creative directors, stakeholders, designers, copywriters, editors, and retouchers.
- Foster a culture and an environment that is conducive to creative development
- Present concepts to clients, attend and/or lead client meetings and pitches as well as plan, develop, and defend creative recommendations, goals, and timelines
- Collaborate with UX, photographers, illustrators, content writers and more, with grace and ease to execute creative and innovative ideas and ensure they are on strategy and on schedule
- Maintain accurate and current knowledge of new design techniques, trends and applicable software
- Work in conjunction with Creative Director to insure the success of active projects
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Content Marketing, PR, apparel and have a deep understanding of seasonal messaging strategies in order to develop concepts, designs and art direction to support the strategy
- Provide strategic visual solutions for marketing materials such as paid, email, social, marketing landing pages, site/app refreshes, print and OOH
- Apply conceptual thinking and creativity to complex business problems and briefs from conception to production
- Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights
- Elevates and evolves brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Attends meetings as design lead and stays current with market trends to understand competitive landscape
- Will provide direction on-set for team’s of 10 - 15 people.
- They will be responsible to maximize static and motion assets across a minimum of 17 shoots a year
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in an art direction or design role with experience in-house or advertising within ecommerce and apparel
- 3 - 5 years of experience in art directing fashion shoots
- Be a proactive problem solver and thought leader by seeking out opportunities to better our visual communication or design
- Experience concepting for a variety of digital platforms, including video, social media
- Commanding knowledge of fashion industry and pop culture trends and deep library of aesthetic references
- Provide samples of impeccable aesthetic sensibility, innovative design and typography
- Solid understanding of creative production timelines, budgets and needs to ensure a productive on-set experience and output while maximizing video and still assets across multiple projects a year
- Must have existing relationships with external talent/vendors within the industry--photographers, directors, illustrators, animators, CGI and post-production houses, and any of their corresponding representation.
- Print production process, knowledge of production techniques and file prep procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.