Art Director, Flamingo Lead at Harry's Inc.
About the Role
As an Art Director (Design Team) at Harry's Inc. you’ll focus on shaping creative strategies and executing design solutions stemming from a clear understanding of our user's needs and business's goals. You’ll flawlessly execute on design-driven initiatives. You will be a super-star designer who defines how our brands come to life throughout the world at any dimension - from a simple package to building an entirely new brand.
You will work with a multidisciplinary Design Team that includes: industrial design, graphic design, print production, in-store display development and design operations. They all have in common their empathy for our customers, critical thinking and love of design.
What you will accomplish:
- Lead the Design Team’s relationship with women’s care brand Flamingo
- Design and develop physical design assets, including:
- In-store retail displays
- Brand collaborations (less frequent, but very cool)
- Design with confidence, but humbly work with others to achieve goals
- Push design - Develop systems and approaches for how our brand comes to life around the world
- Develop visual identity systems - the articulation and maintenance of our brand guidelines
- Strategically develop processes that allow you and your team to consistently meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Ensure all creative efforts accurately represent project goals, user insights and maintain brand values
- Lead a team of designers and work cross-functionally through the design process to make sure that projects maintain timing, quality and budgets
- Short term - this role will hire / manage one junior designer
- Build prototypes and create dynamic presentations to best tell your story to project stakeholders
- See the business and collaborative process from a 360o view - humbly get other's perspectives and inputs and apply them tactfully into your work
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand Flamingo’s brand value
- Stay inspired and connected to the industry and design trends
This should describe you:
- Proven experience building, managing, and sustaining successful teams - will need to hire and manage junior designers
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions
- 7+ years experience in design consulting, spanning multiple industries and project types - packaging and or print experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven track record partnering with multiple disciplines on projects and practices
- Amazing skills at InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Google Suite.
- Super passionate about design and the process
- Open-minded and enjoys an energetic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to live by Harry’s values
- Learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- Thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- Always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- There’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
About the Design Team
The Design Team at Harry’s Inc. is a centralized function that works with all of the company's brands including: Harry’s, Flamingo, Headquarters and Cat Person. We focus specifically on the design and development of physical assets including: packaging, physical product, in-store display, collateral and pretty much anything else that our customers can purchase. We are an end-to-end function that links designs up with their development partners through the process ensuring that vision and execution are one-in-the-same.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to VP of Design
- Working within the broader Design Team - a centralized function that collaborates with all brands at Harry’s Inc.
- Flamingo brand, including: GM, Creative Director and PMs
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.