Associate Apparel Designer at Peloton
Peloton is seeking an Associate Apparel Designer to join our team in New York, NY. In this role you will be responsible for assisting in the daily functions of the Men’s and Women’s apparel design department from the initial concepts, research and development, through to line completion and production. The Associate Designer of Apparel will work in tandem with the Director of Apparel Design, Apparel Design team, Technical Design, Merchandising, Production and Product Development teams.
- Work closely with design & merchandising leads to create apparel line based on aligned direction
- Ensure all products follow Peloton brand, design and quality standards
- Responsible for sketching new silhouettes and full-color & print-filled CAD renderings
- Recolor and manipulate prints, logos & graphics for presentations and sketch fills
- Create and maintain design boards and presentation materials (both digital and physical)
- Create and maintain tech packs and BOMs in PLM system, performing daily updates
- Attend weekly fittings with the Tech and Design teams, take notes as needed and make necessary updates to sketches and vendor communication
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Merchandising, Production, Tech Design, etc.,) to develop strong working relationships and team collaboration
- Create and maintain all seasonal binders and organizational tools
- Coordinate and organize all samples, check-in and process proto samples
- Generate, distribute and maintain seasonal line sheets
- Research trends and brand relevant concepts based on seasonal direction
- Assist in the approval of lab dips, strike-offs and other development materials
- Adhere to development calendar to ensure deliverables are met on time
- Respond quickly to design challenges and new business needs
- 3+ years of experience in apparel design and development, active market preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, manipulating and recoloring prints and graphics (must be Adobe superstar!)
- Working knowledge and experience of developing cut & sew styles/fabrics and communicating with overseas and domestic factories
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong time management and communication skills
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from fabric swatch to body
- A go-getter with a positive, no task too big or too small attitude
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork and collaborative innovation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, G Suite and fashion-related PLM systems
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.