Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
As an Associate Creative Director, Copy, your job is to build campaigns and craft language, plus help shape Zocdoc’s brand voice. You’ll work closely with our Brand Marketing team, building on their content strategy with campaigns and channels.
Key partner teams include Brand Marketing, Acquisition, and Product Design. You’ll work on the Brand Studio team with our creative director, design director, project manager and designers to collaborate, build relationships and hone briefs with partner teams. In short, you’ll play an integral role in evolving our creative output and brand voice. You’ll help tell our story, and give power back to the patient.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Think strategically, and consider your audience.
- See, define and drive creative work across touchpoints.
- Are excited about evolving a brand across touchpoints.
- Embrace fast-paced, collaborative teams.
- Have strong opinions that are loosely held.
- Debate, discuss, ask questions, and state your case across teams in order to bring more specificity to project goals.
- Ask questions early and often.
- Love shipping work and subscribe to the idea that “done is beautiful.”
Your day-to-day is…
- Concepting and shaping campaigns across touchpoints.
- Taking full responsibility for creative projects from concept to production.
- Generating effective and memorable visual ideas, stories and language (copy)
- Hiring, managing and mentoring copywriters
- Managing and giving constructive creative feedback to both internal and external project teams and contributors.
- Owning relationships with our partners on the Product Design, Brand Marketing, Acquisition, Enterprise, Product Marketing, and Content teams to help expand our business and evolve the Zocdoc brand.
- Presenting work across the company and communicating clearly and effectively across teams.
- Handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Owning a combination of self-driven and collaborative projects—ideating and writing yourself, plus directing team members and driving projects.
- Working on the Brand Studio team, within the Marketing and Brand side of Zocdoc.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- An inspired portfolio that showcases fresh thinking and results indicating your qualifications in copywriting, content development and managing writers.
- 6–8 years of relevant, multi-disciplinary copywriting, advertising, brand and/or content strategy experience on an in-house creative team and/or within a creative agency.
- At least 5 years of experience collaborating with art directors and designers to bring concepts to life.
- 2+ years managing and mentoring copywriters.
- An extreme attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Figma.
- Passion for building diverse and inclusive teams, design, and customer experiences.
- Familiarity with product design and engineering process a plus.
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.