Associate Creative Director, Copy
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are looking for an Associate Creative Director, Copy to join our marketing team and oversee copy across creative and product. Run a real writers room, develop customer relationships through stories, and create a strong brand that permeates every corner of Stash. This hire will need to be ambitious and highly creative—someone self-motivated with a strong work ethic looking to tell engaging brand stories. We need someone who possesses an excellent attention to detail, exceptional organizational and time-management skills, a high level of interpersonal collaboration, and the ability to take direction and critical feedback with humility.
What you'll do:
- Help build a strong brand that permeates every corner of Stash
- Manage and maintain a clearly tiered and defined voice in all departments
- Set and establish creative standards for writing across the company and squads
- Use writing and voice as tools to work with product to develop customer relationships at every touchpoint
- Manage and empower writing team to foster better storytelling across the company
- Lead cross-department conceptual efforts
- Write ads and scripts
- Take an editorial view of day-to-day copy to establish better integrity
- Run creative office hours for writing review and idea sourcing
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Proven leader and mentor
- In-house or agency creative experience
- Digital or Product experience
- Team player and excellent collaborator
- Great communication and problem solving
- Proven track record of conceptual and tactical thinking
- Receptive to creative direction and feedback
- Ability to adapt and work well within tight deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Must possess integrity, sophistication, vision and versatility
- Please provide link to relevant work
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.