Associate Creative Director (Copywriter)
Peloton is on the hunt for a well-rounded Associate Creative Director (copywriter) to help lead a high function cross-discipline creative team. This is a perfect opportunity for a confident and personable Director with 2-3 years of leading creatives for a product and software consumer brand. The ideal candidate has experience across both digital and print mediums but has deeper experiences in the digital landscape having proven examples of large scale integrated 360 marketing campaigns and brand voice development for a consumer product family. A perfect fit would be a creative who has experience working within an agency as a senior or above copy writer with equal experience developing teams within an organization. They will have a passion for iteration and pushing creative to be as impactful for consumes as possible.
This role reports directly to VP of Creative. We will look to this role to ensure the creative team is constantly delivering great thinking, attention to detail, and all-around amazing work for the Peloton brand. Day to day responsibilities will range from meeting with brand and marketing teams to understand their needs and requirements to working with creative team to define, execute, and refine a creative vision. This is a hands on role which would require the need for individual creative development from time to time.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of writers and visual designers
- Guide agencies and partners on large scale integrated marketing campaigns and strategic initiatives
- Work directly with brand, acquisition and retention marketing organizations to understand their needs, and then translate them into direction that the team can successfully execute
- Help strategize new opportunities and improvements for advertising across various channels from paid social, email, landing pages, and more.
- Continually help to define processes to effectively deliver quality creative in high paced environment
- Understand and promote contemporary design, leveraging style, function, and motion
- Evolve advertising communications on an ongoing basis to improve acquisition marketing performance
- Present creative to teams in a clear and compelling manner
- 9+ years of experience as an Copywriter or creative director, 3+ within an agency environment
- Has lead projects and the creatives working on those projects
- Has experience presenting ideas and enjoys doing it
- Has managed stake holder expectations
- Great communication skills
- Likes long bulleted lists
- Self-motivated and doesn't wait to be told what to do
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously (we are a casual bunch)
- Comfortable bringing your point of view into a discussion
- Never satisfied with the work you produce and are still hungry after years in the industry
- Has managed and mentored the careers of a team of diverse writers
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.