Associate Creative Director, Design at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
*This role is available to be hired remotely
We're looking for an ACD of Design with experience bringing brands to life across landing page, email and web design. Our ideal candidate will be a rockstar designer with a passion for how systems thinking motivates real customers, a portfolio of great work that gets results and the ability to lead other designers on a team.
You’ll sit in our Design team and work closely with our partners in Marketing, shaping our company’s creative vision and building our brand across multiple channels.
- Drive and own day-to-day creative direction and oversight for a team of designers, with support from our Executive Creative Director
- Understand the homebuyer’s mindset at key moments in their journey and crafting experiences that speaks to their particular needs
- Oversee the concepting, presentation, and production of weekly campaigns
- Partner with the Marketing Team to understand engagement metrics and optimize the creative to increase impact
- Develop engaging touchpoints that conveys the unique value of Better’s offering, keeps applicants informed throughout the home loan process, and drives action at every milestone
- Still love designing work everyday and seeing through the execution of creative ideas from concept through tactical production tasks, ensuring the highest level of quality and adherence to brand voice
- Have a self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit
- Explain and defend conceptual and directional choices
- Have a growth / testing mindset
- 8+ years of experience a startup, design firm or ad agency
- 2+ years of experience managing other people
- A systems thinker with a test and learn mentality
- Ability to give and take feedback with a good attitude
- Strong point of view with the design and verbal communication skills to back it up
- Appetite for problem solving and a love for fast-paced environments
- Ability to create and direct high quality designs campaigns
- Experience managing and/or leading various creative projects in parallel
- Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members
- A strong understanding of how creativity can achieve business objectives while still meeting brand standards for communication quality
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.