Associate Creative Director/Copywriter
Noom is looking for an Associate Creative Director/Copywriter to support the Creative and Growth Marketing Teams in bringing the brand to life across the spectrum of digital and traditional platforms. Ideal candidate is familiar with iterative creative practices and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. Read on if you think you've got the stuff.
A Disruptor in the weight loss industry, Noom combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Our mobile applications cover chronic/pre-chronic disease (diabetes, hypertension, and obesity to name a few), reaching more than 45 million users worldwide, and transforming millions of lives. The Creative and Growth Marketing Teams are at the forefront of this mission, tackling one of the hardest challenges in healthcare today: getting people to take that initial (and biggest!) step towards living a healthier lifestyle… And this is where you come in!
You will play a critical role in crafting, defining and refining the brand voice of Noom. Working collaboratively with the Creative Team, with support from analysts, engineers, growth leaders, and our co-founders (we’re still a startup!) you will help establish the tone and messaging that will directly and positively impact the growth of our digital product. Through on-brand concepting, writing and editing you will help tell our story across all consumer-facing touchpoints, with an emphasis on thumb-stoppable video ads.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Creating ads that compel millions of people to take the first step in changing their lives for the better. [Seriously, this feels awesome.]
- Working directly with the Creative Director and internal creative team to create compelling ads that drive conversion, sign up, and retention. [Driving revenue also feels awesome]
- Pitching and brainstorming ad/branding ideas that propel the brand into the stratosphere.
- Seeking out new opportunities to expand our reach on new platforms, creating compelling, channel-specific ideas and messages.
- Collaborating with external creative partners to ensure they produce content that, well, we would.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 6+ years advertising copywriting experience in an agency or in-house, or just someone we would kick ourselves if we didn’t hire.
- Someone who can manage a project start to finish, and manage other people on that project
- A kick-ass writer with an experimental mindset, always looking to learn and iterate and improve on an idea.
- A writer who thrives on the challenge of creating ads that actually deliver performance.
- Someone who takes it personally (in the right way), who wants to figure why something did/didn’t resonate… and go at it again.
- A writer who is super familiar with direct response marketing and/or a subscription-based business models.
- An Idea machine! We are a growing creative department that tests creative at a tremendous rate.
- An awareness of trends in culture, in particular the digital space, and a desire to take risks and experiment with new and unique ways a brand shows up in the world.
- Someone who is self-motivated and able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and an encouraging, team-focused attitude.