Associate Product Designer
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Advocate for our delivery drivers in all design decisions while collaborating with the product, engineering, and design teams.
- Turn everything from nebulous concepts to specific ideas into useful, delightful product features.
- Be a part of designing holistic features, flows and interfaces that are simple, elegant, and beautiful.
- Engage with senior members of the design team to constantly push the quality of our products.
- Shares and articulates design decisions and seeks feedback early and often with the design and cross-functional team.
- Draw insights from the work of our talented research team and know how to turn those insights into tangible solutions.
- Partner with product, engineers, and the members of the design and research teams to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch.
You Should Have
- At least 2 years of practical, in-house product or UX design experience for either consumer or B2B brands with a focus on complex flows and use cases
- Uses the design process to contextualize their work and the type of feedback they need in a given moment
- Applied experience working across all manifestations of what we design - from responsive web to native applications to the next technological leap
- Understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution
- A passion for partnering with designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver a better, more user-centered product
- An acute self-awareness and deep empathy - for both the customer and your team’s goals
- Excellent communication skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but “why are we designing this at all?”
**Submissions without a portfolio that includes examples of your design work will not be considered.**
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.