Brand Design Director at AlphaSights
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 800+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe.
Founded in 2008 by experienced entrepreneurs Max Cartellieri and Andrew Heath, AlphaSights has been profitable since 2010. The company consistently exceeds an industry average growth rate of 20% and is on track to continue driving above-average growth, in revenue and headcount, over the next five years. The company is regularly ranked amongst the fasting-growing companies in the world by publications such as the Sunday Times, FT and Crain’s New York. Learn more at alphasights.com.
AlphaSights has successfully upended the traditional ‘expert network’ industry through its client-focused, bespoke search-led methodology and the innovative use of digital technology. A key component of this success was moving away from the pre-recruited database model epitomised by early entrants to the industry like GLG and towards a custom search-driven approach, whereby an AlphaSights Associate identifies and secures the most relevant expert(s) for the specific client need, whoever and wherever they may be, in near-real time. The central pillars on which this business model rests are (i) a scalable talent model to attract and retain outstanding client service professionals, and (ii) a proprietary technology platform that supports all workflows and tracks all communications end-to-end.
The company operates a highly values-driven culture and is comprised of a team of passionate professionals, strongly aligned behind the mission of ‘connecting the world’s top professionals with the world’s best knowledge’.
AlphaSights’ long-term vision is to become a lasting, meaningful global company. The key to achieving this vision will lie in continuously attracting, training, motivating and retaining outstanding talent; investing in technology, product and data to build an increasingly seamless knowledge delivery platform; and broadening its product and service spectrum so that AlphaSights becomes the go-to knowledge partner for more and more clients.
AlphaSights is a high-end professional services organisation. Our clients purchase a service offering that is custom-tailored by our Client Service Teams to fit their specific needs. While our service delivery processes are heavily technology-supported, clients value us for the ‘brain work’ of value-added advisory and responsiveness.
The Marketing organisation at AlphaSights is comprised of four main functions:
- Brand and Communications
- Account Marketing
- Digital and Creative
- Client Led Innovation
Brand and Communications tell AlphaSights’ compelling story to our clients, prospects, advisors, candidates, and employees. A truly global team, operating out of New York, London and Hong Kong, Brand & Communications seamlessly weaves our narratives and successes into the internal fabric of the company, whilst opening those same stories up to the outside world and shining a light on everything that is AlphaSights.
Based in London or NYC, and reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the Brand Design Director will be responsible for redefining the AlphaSights brand and design language, co-leading the redesign of the AlphaSights website from a UI, Design, Brand and VI perspective and building the multidisciplinary Brand and Communications function within the firm.
To succeed in your role, you will need to be a strategic, creative and commercially-minded leader who is well versed in brand and website design. You will need to showcase the AlphaSights’ brand to an excellent standard and ensure that creative ideas and executions support our business goals.
Once you have overseen the re-fresh of the brand and website, your responsibilities will shift towards the building and overseeing of a multidisciplinary team of programers, designers, writers and digital marketers working together to deliver a well thought through prospect/client/candidate/employee experience, across all internal and external touchpoints. You would be responsible for developing all brand campaigns and will collaborate on the development of product or client specific campaigns.
You will inherit a small team based in NYC and will be responsible for up-skilling them and growing the team globally.Key Responsibilities
- Lead the the AlphaSights rebrand
- Define a visual design language which will take the brand to the next level
- Tighten the current VI to improve standardisation of look & feel globally
- Oversee the roll-out of refreshed client/prospect and employee/candidate materials
- Co-lead the redesign of the website from a UI, Design, Brand and VI perspective
- Work with developers, creating wireframes and prototyping
- Build digital guidelines
- Build and lead a multidisciplinary team of programers, designers, writers, marketers responsible for the experience across all internal and external touchpoints
- Put in place scalable processes for the development and management of creative content
What We Look For
- Experienced Design professional, with 8 - 10 years experience
- Experience in brand and website design (Incl. brand refreshes, wire-framing, prototyping, building digital guidelines)
- Proven UI experience, ideally has played UI lead role in the launch or re-launch of a website, confident working with developers
- Ability to think strategically and commercially
- Experienced in leading projects from start to finish
- Able to build and manage a multidisciplinary team (i.e. writers, programmers, designers, etc.)
- Experienced in managing internal stakeholders and external 3rd party partners
- A team player who is positive, hands on and able to get the best out of a team
- A proven track record of creating and editing content
- Drive and resilience to deliver excellence amidst tight timelines and changing circumstances
- Articulate visual and verbal communicator; fluency in English is essential
What You Can Expect
- A fast-paced, high-growth environment with measurable deliverables and a focus on results
- The opportunity to define a visual design language
- The opportunity to have autonomy, ownership and accountability in your role
- The opportunity to build and lead a multidisciplinary team and sub-function within Marketing
- Predictable hours and very little travel required
- Opportunity for promotion from Director to VP
- Responsibilities of the role would evolve as the function grows and new needs are identified
- Comprehensive medical benefits (health, vision, and dental)
- Subsidised lunch program, corporate gym discounts, monthly team events, free breakfast & snacks