Brand Design Director at Policygenius
About the role…
Policygenius is on the hunt for a Brand Design Director to bring our visual identity to life wherever customers experience our brand. The Brand Design Director will set a vision and strategy for our brand design and ensure Policygenius’s consistent visual identity across marketing collateral, offline branding, and digital products. They will work on the Brand team and report to the VP of Marketing. This is a chance to join a growing team, and help make Policygenius a household name through world-class brand experience.
In this role, you will…
- Lead the team in setting a strategy in visual design
- Ensure Policygenius has a flexible and scalable style guide, and work collaboratively across Marketing and Product teams to ensure consistent implementation.
- Partner with Marketing, Product, and our Chief Design Officer on how we tell our story and represent the brand in key moments within our experience.
- Lead the visual design of marketing comms, digital media, and offline branding
- Work cross-functionally with our Product design team, influencing design of web and landing pages and other digital products.
- Grow and develop a design team, and be an evangelist for design at Policygenius.
- Ensure marketing collateral production on digital assets (Facebook), direct mail, and other high-volume channels keeps up with team needs. This can be via internal team members or freelancers as needed.
- Field asset requests from Product Design (eg icon, illustrations, photography), and work with the Creative Director to develop new assets where needed.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 7+ years prior brand design experience, including management experience, 2+ years with a growth stage B2C business, and a portfolio of your work.
- You're a skilled hands-on visual designer who can go from strategy to high-fidelity execution, drawing on years of experience. Your background spans campaign work and digital product design, and you’re familiar with agile workflow.
- You love the opportunity to create new campaigns and bring our visual identity conceptually. You know how to make a brand not just beautiful, but distinct and memorable.
- You know how to incorporate photography (branded + stock) and illustration (branded) into our site and marketing, and have been on the production end of creating brand assets.
- You're proficient with design tools including Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator; After Effects a plus) and Figma and/or Sketch.
- You create a culture of creativity and driving results. You bring out the best in people and can work effectively across multiple teams with diverse goals and skill sets.
- You're comfortable in a very fast-paced environment, and balance high standards with knowing when “good enough” is sufficient.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!