Brand Designer - Presale Material (Contract Role) at theSkimm
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s design team is a group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on creating beautifully branded experiences Skimm’rs love. You will be responsible for translating innovative campaigns and branded experiences into sales material. Under tight deadlines you will be responding to RFPs (request for proposal).
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Take conceptual ideas and turn them into visually striking and compelling decks.
- Design and create sales materias using Keynote.
- Innovating with theSkimm’s design team on evolving our visual language and brand.
- Maintain knowledge of design trends and techniques, while continuing to develop skills.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of design experience
- BFA degree is preferred
- Expert in Keynote
- Proficient in Adobe Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Figma
- A sound design aesthetic with a solid understanding of typography and composition, and grids
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for theSkimm: brand aesthetic, audience and mission
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
- Deliver superior design work despite time restrictions
- Can work collaboratively with a team, independently, and under close direction
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
Please include a link to an online or PDF portfolio with your application.
This is a contract role based in New York, NY.