The Farmer’s Dog is revolutionizing the pet food industry. In an industry with no regulations, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog is here to be the hero brand that all pet parents have been waiting for. After decades of big brands only innovating on marketing and making zero improvements to the quality of their food, we decided to make a change. As the first ever health focused innovation in the pet food industry, The Farmer’s Dog is utilizing its proprietary technology to create the healthiest food for dogs by delivering freshly-made human-grade food to our customers within days of cooking. Our meal plans are vet-developed, personalized, and pre-portioned specifically for each dog.
We launched after our co-founder’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated the power of fresh food. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how poor the state of commercial pet food was, he team up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative and create the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Utilizing smart technology and an innovative business model, we are bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally changing the way people think about feeding their pets.
Our investors have also backed companies like Dollar Shave Club, Warby Parker, Glossier, Casper, and Sweetgreen. We expect only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
We’re eager to find a Brand Designer to join our in-house creative team. You are a self-starting, strong-willed, creative, and strategically-focused designer with a clear, clean, and compelling design sensibility. This is an opportunity to join a creative team on the ground floor and shape the brand for years to come.
• Create engaging branded marketing and advertising creative for all digital channels, including social, web, and email.
• Help ideate, design, and implement improvements and changes to our physical deliveries, including print media and packaging design
• Collaborate with product, marketing, and other designers to identify what creative themes are working, and build tests to further refine our approach
• Work cross-functionally to brainstorm new creative campaigns, and offer the guidance of a strong design sensibility in bringing ideas from concept to completion
• Bachelor's degree in a Design related field
• 3-5 years of digital design experience
• A robust portfolio demonstrating deep understanding of typography, color, imagery, and graphic elements, including motion graphics
• A passion for qualitative analysis, iterative design, and exploring why people respond to certain design approaches and not others
• Natural comfort with a fast-moving environment that relies heavily on both self-starting and collaboration
• Expert-level skills with the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• An embarrassingly powerful passion for and love of dogs
• Bonus points for experience in motion graphics, photography, or front-end web design
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies.
Beat that, Google.