The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In a industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he team up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and create the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
We’re eager to find a Brand Designer to join our in-house creative team. You are a self-starting, strong-willed, creative, and strategically-focused designer with a clear, clean, and compelling design sensibility. This is an opportunity to join a creative team on the ground floor and shape the brand for years to come.
• Create engaging branded marketing and advertising creative for all digital channels, including social, web, and email.
• Help ideate, design, and implement improvements and changes to our physical deliveries, including print media and packaging design
• Collaborate with product, marketing, and other designers to identify what creative themes are working, and build tests to further refine our approach
• Work cross-functionally to brainstorm new creative campaigns, and offer the guidance of a strong design sensibility in bringing ideas from concept to completion
• Bachelor's degree in a Design related field
• 3-5 years of digital design experience
• A robust portfolio demonstrating deep understanding of typography, color, imagery, and graphic elements, including motion graphics
• A passion for qualitative analysis, iterative design, and exploring why people respond to certain design approaches and not others
• Natural comfort with a fast-moving environment that relies heavily on both self-starting and collaboration
• Expert-level skills with the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• An embarrassingly powerful passion for and love of dogs
• Bonus points for experience in motion graphics, photography, or front-end web design
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies.
Beat that, Google.