About Managed by Q
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
What you’ll be doing
- Evolve our brand and visual identity, constantly raising the bar on quality.
- Develop new creative assets to support the marketing, growth, and people teams. These can include seasonal marketing campaigns such as ice cream packaging or Valentine’s Day cards, office design projects such as working with muralists, microsites, event design, and more.
- Collaborate with the Product Design team on the visual design of the product to create a consistent brand experience across channels. Think icon styles, typography, onboarding flows, and more.
- Execute projects from concept to completion. You can work autonomously to plan, iterate, and progress through projects with limited feedback loops.
- Translate the visual identity to brand requirements. You understand not all work is glamorous and that balancing boundary-pushing work with banner ads and keynote templates comes with the job.
What we’re looking for
- You have 3+ years of experience in brand systems and branded executions (print, web, product, packaging).
- You’re tenacious and willing to put in the extra effort to find a solution or understand a system completely.
- You deeply understand design fundamentals, such as typography, layout, color, etc.
- You believe that great design work is not driven by a single individual or team, but by multiple unique perspectives.
- You design without ego and are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You love design and you love the process. You’re always improving upon your skills but also your methodologies and tools.
- You have a portfolio that you’re dying to show us.
Who you’ll work with
Our design team currently consists out of the Head of Design, a Brand Designer, and a team of four Product Designers. In addition to working cross-functionally, you’ll work closest with:
- Vince Li, Head of Design. Vince has worked at a variety of agencies and startups both in Brand and Product design roles.
- Lily Piyathaisere, Sr Brand Designer. She has experience working at Apple, Google, and has her own jewelry brand that’s just spectacular.
- Sarah Quirk, Director of Marketing. Sarah has worked in B2B marketing focused on brand marketing and communications. She is shockingly proficient in Photoshop.
You’ll start out with a call with Vince, our Head of Design, so you can share what you’re looking for and learn more about the role and the company. After that, you’ll come by the office to show us your portfolio. We want to see end results, but are most interested in how you solved problems and made your decisions. We want to get insight into your process.
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.