Brand Designer at Orchard
Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Launched in 2017 and previously known as Perch, Orchard is headquartered in New York City, has 100+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Brand Design, the Brand Designer will not only develop high quality brand assets, but help shape and grow the design language of the Orchard brand.
You should be comfortable and confident designing cross-channel, enjoy the collaboration process, have a great mix of judgment, creative thinking, and a growth-mindset. Whether it’s brainstorming ideas for new illustrations or creating social content, you feel comfortable flexing across a wide range of channels.
The ideal candidate will excel in these areas:
- Visual Design – Skilled hands-on Visual Designer who can go from strategy to high-fidelity execution. You understand how to take something complex and communicate it simply and beautifully.
- Multiple Mediums – You understand how to work with photography, illustration and video across social channels, digital and print.
- Collaboration - Knows how to work with different partners to bring the brand alive, particularly with marketing and product. Comfortable taking feedback and iterating.
- Understand our Audience - Develop a strong understanding of audience needs and mindset. Ability to iterate designs based on learnings and performance.
- Bias for Action - We are a company that makes informed decisions quickly. You must be comfortable in a very fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
- You will be responsible for delivering consistent assets across online channels (Facebook, retargeting) as well as offline (Direct Mail, Billboards, Print)
- Create a range of customer-facing brand collateral in partnership with the marketing team
- Partner with marketing and product on how we tell our story and represent the brand on key pages of our site
- Continue to evolve and own all master templates (presentations, emails, business cards etc.)
- Ensure our brand comes alive in everything we do – down to company swag and interview candidate experience
- At least 3+ years prior brand design experience ideally in a growth stage B2C business.
- Any animation, motion and video experience is a huge plus.
- Prioritizes their work and communicates priorities to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Can manage a calendar of design requests and deadlines