Brand Designer at Smartling
We are seeking an enthusiastic graphic designer to join a small—but mighty—marketing team to help with the creation and maintenance of both brand assets and creative initiatives for various teams throughout the organization. From concept through execution, this person will improve our prospect, customer and user experience by bringing our brand to life and keeping it consistent across all our various touch points.
Smartling is a cloud-based platform that enables businesses to translate content faster, better and cheaper through translation management software integrated with highly scalable and reliable language services. Leading businesses like Pinterest, Spotify, and WeWork use Smartling everyday to go global in over fifty languages.
Tasks at Hand
- Contribute to design efforts across all branding and marketing initiatives, including Smartling’s website, digital assets, and physical collateral.
- Collaborate with marketers, copywriters and web developers to iterate through design and ensure that the best design solutions are being produced.
- Bring new ideas to enhance the brand and improve content creation to the team using your expertise and eye for great design.
- Scope and create templates for our marketing team and company to be more efficient in their posting on social media, the resource center, email, and other channels.
- Assist or lead the design process for company presentations and decks, signage, trade show exhibits, collateral and more.
- 5+ years of successful design experience in software, B2B SaaS preferred, either as an in-house designer or at a marketing agency (We require work samples to apply for this position).
- Experience collaborating with other designers and creative professionals (such as copywriters and front-end developers) to get the best outcomes.
- Proficiency in managing vendors for production of print or digital assets.
- Experience designing assets for the web team that are mobile, tablet, and desktop-friendly, and provide a user experience that fits on all three screens.
- Proficiency in creating information graphics, charts and iconography to simplify a business message.
- Ability to create graphic-illustrations that is consistent with Smartling’s existing design.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite or similar technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Visual Arts, or other relevant field.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Nice to Have
- Experience producing animations, GIFS, and editing video and other multimedia content.
- Familiarity with translation technology
- Results Focused. Center on professional and personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- Empathetic. Concerned for the well being of your colleagues and vendors.
- Strong analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Strategic thinker. Translates high level strategies into practical implementations.
- Customer Focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail Oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.