Brand Designer at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Brand Designer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Brand team to maintain, build and evolve the broader Flatiron brand. Reporting to the Senior Brand Designer, you'll manage and execute a wide variety of design projects that visually communicate our mission. In addition, you'll also:
- Create digital and print collateral like emails, landing pages, one-pagers, environmental signage, and swag artwork
- Establish design systems to support event marketing and recruitment
- Edit, retouch and curate photography to support social media campaigns
- Develop visuals that support our Diversity and Inclusion programs
- Develop concepts to bring Flatiron stories to life across a wide range of media
- Manage the digital assets off of which our team and broader organization runs
You will have the unique opportunity to work closely with oncologists, nurses, researchers, marketers, data scientists, engineers, and product designers in a collaborative environment while leading projects across a wide array of creative mediums.
Who You Are
You're a visual designer with two years of experience doing graphic design, social media and/or marketing design. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 2+ years experience in design environments; studios, agencies, in-house teams
- You have a strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, contemporary design tools and practices
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates a proven ability to implement technical design skills including ideation, sketching, typography, color theory, design systems, layout and spatial design in scale
- You have strong photography skills
- You have demonstrated ability to work autonomously, able to break down complex problems into smaller tasks and proactively define a project’s next steps to meet deadlines
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have front-end development skills
- You have experience with data visualization
- You have strong illustration skills
- You have experience editing video
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.