ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Color, Material, and Finish (‘CMF”) Design Lead - at Peloton, you will be responsible for leading CMF strategies and projects for all hard products in our core line. You will be working hand in hand on the ID team in collaboration with Engineering and Sourcing to develop a CMF strategy for our long term road map.
- Develop a relationship with trend forecasting resources to help Peloton strategically strengthen our product branding strategy
- Work with material vendors to develop both advanced material samples and standards for production
- Create an internal library system for organizing material samples based on future development, current product development and existing product
- Develop a master sample chip library that is unique to Peloton
- Create seasonal trend presentations for the design team, product and creative teams to keep the teams informed of up and coming market trends
- Analyze and approve colors, materials, and finishes at different stages of the development process.
- Understand material trends and forecast innovative material used in a variety of Hard and Soft Goods applications across multiple industries including fitness, cycling, and consumer electronics.
- Understanding of consumer electronics, soft goods and fitness industry
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Textile Design, or a related field.
- 5+ years working in a relevant field of design
- Exceptional visual, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign Key and word processing (Basic Solidworks, CAD, KeyShot are a plus).
- You can manage your workload and operate individually.
- Able to travel to shows and suppliers both domestically and internationally.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.