Creative Director- Home at Discovery Digital Media
Discovery, Inc. is the number one leader in engaging lifestyle media, producing original content and products for beloved brands such as HGTV, Food Network, the Discovery Channel, and the Travel Channel. We are looking for a seasoned Creative Director to lead through dynamic and thoughtful leadership and evolve our digital brand experiences in the Home category, including our flagship brand, HGTV.
1. Partnering with a cross-functional team of leaders (Product, Editorial, Design, Engineering, Marketing) in a highly collaborative environment to envision the future of digital products in the Home category.
2. Establishing the overall creative direction through visual aesthetic, user interaction, animation, storytelling, tone, etc. for Home digital products across multiple platforms.
3. Presenting and advocating for your ideas and solutions to senior leadership.
4. Mentoring and leading a team of Product Designers with a range of skill sets (UX, UI, visual, animation, illustration, etc.) to create world-class digital experiences.
5. Promoting core design principles consistently across the brands (e.g. simplicity, usability, etc.).
6. Contributing to the planning, conducting, and synthesizing of user research and testing.
* 5+ years experience in a creative leadership role (all in digital)
* an exceptional portfolio of digital projects (shipped to market) that demonstrates your ability to elevate a brand through create comprehensive, joyful experiences
* Ability to work within an existing brand universe
* experience with a range of sketch, wireframing and prototyping tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Sketch, Proto.io, whiteboards, and, pen and paper)
* Experience creating products for a range of digital platforms: web, mobile, connected tv, and emerging platforms
* Experience working in an agile environment with a cross-functional team
* Experience managing design resources
* Forward-thinking, imaginative, and willing to take risks with your work
* A systematic thinker who sees the big picture (yet is still attentive to details)
* An energetic and natural leader, with a talent for relationship building
* A strong and confident communicator (verbal, written, and visual)
* A proactive problem solver with excellent time management skills
* Always empathetic with and advocating for the customer
* Familiar with Product Discovery methods and collaborative frameworks
* an expert in all facets of visual design (typography, grid, hierarchy of information, color, etc.)
* An expert in current visual design trends and best practices
* Knowledgeable of UX best practices
* Ready to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States