The vitality of a startup. The buzz of a tech breakthrough. Shutterstock is growing at a ridiculous pace with no end in sight! Now looking for a performance-focused Creative Director, this individual will elevate our brand and ensure our creative gets results. If you are ready to build and grow Shutterstock’s brand in a highly competitive market place, this could be the job for you! Reporting to the CMO, you would be responsible for developing a global brand strategy, localizing it, and bringing it to life across all digital and traditional channels. Equal parts motivator, visionary and diplomat, you would be the owner and the defender of our brand development and multichannel marketing campaigns by delivering projects that position our brand as number one. You’d be working closely with many parts of the organization, including product, technology, sales and the rest of the marketing team to accomplish aggressive goals, ensuring that Shutterstock remains innovative and at the forefront of our industry.
- Drive a “Brand Direct” culture across the creative team that generates on-brand creative that succeeds from an ROI perspective
- Set the creative direction and provide hands on guidance
- Create a global voice-messaging strategy on all touch points in the customer journey and execute plans to grow brand awareness, preference, engagement, ROI and ultimately increase revenue and margin from both new and existing customers
- Work closely with regional leaders to help them adapt the global strategy and execute locally
- Stay ahead of the curve to apply ongoing knowledge of market trends, technology and best practices
- Inspire, manage and mentor the team to deliver their best work, every day
- Ensure your team has the right support, tools and focus to achieve results that exceed expectations
- Maintain a high level of engagement across your creative team, and provide continual feedback on what’s working in the marketplace
Required Skills and Experience:
- Did the college thing (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- A wealth (8+ years) of hands-on experience in the creative industry
- In-house experience at a business with a strong direct response component (B2B or B2C acceptable; both a plus)
- Experience with lead-generation, account-based marketing, direct-to-consumer prefered
- Demonstrated creative success leading collaborative and multi functional teams
- Seized opportunities to make an impact without needed to be told
- Deliver the best UX and consistency in the customer journey
- Easily strike a balance thinking strategically and executing tactically
- Are master of multitasking and time management
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Boast excellent, proactive communication skills, verbal and written
- Take pride in mentoring and managing talent
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V