Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk. Join us.
As the Creative Director in Brand and Community Department you’ll lead our team of art directors, designers and production designers to shape Meetup’s global brand narrative. This is a senior leadership role, one that requires strong mentorship, management, and creative direction skills, as well as a drive to make us great.
The Creative team at Meetup leads the visual brand and focuses on creating meaningful online and offline experiences for our community and employees. We are connected to every department in the company and partner with many teams to develop concrete, creative solutions to challenging problems. We also create highly compelling external campaigns.
In this role, you’ll establish a vision for the Meetup brand by successfully growing, uniting, and leading a team around that vision. You’ll collaborate with other partners across the company to ensure that the Meetup identity, graphics, illustration, and other visual representations of the brand play a considered and delightful role in all projects. We are looking for a candidate with a broad range of experience - digital, branding, content creation, concept development, and everything in between.
As the Creative Director you’ll also collaborate with external creative agencies to lead the brand and ensure consistency across touch points. Strategic thinking and planning skills, as well as design education experience are keys to success in this role.
What you’ll get to do in this role:
- Mentor and lead a team of design managers, graphic designers, and production designers through personal and professional development initiatives
- Run the creative group and develop compelling narratives that can be represented in an integrated approach to brand communications.
- Build a best in class creative team
- Define a clear vision for Brand Creative, build a plan for realization, and unite the team around that vision and plan
- Hone the process for creating design work internally and with outside partners
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with leaders within the creative team and within the company
- Drive conversation around current design trends & best practices in digital media
- Ensure fiscal and legal responsibility for design work produced by Meetup
What we’re looking for:
- 8–10+ years experience leading design teams
- Experience working within a global brand team or closely with a global brand
- Deep understanding of design principles
- Ability to provide actionable design critique across mediums
- Global connections within the design industry
- Proven track record of successful team building and management
- Strong portfolio of work
- Compelling presentation skills
- Exhibit a strong foundation and process in portfolio work along with comfort breaking the rules when it makes sense
- Demonstrated understanding of a lifestyle brand and its design needs.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?