Creative Director at Atoms
!Sorry, this job was removed at 10:36 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Atoms’ mission is to make the best products in the world that people enjoy every day. We are a product first company. We believe all great companies make great products first and everything else follows. This is why we made the ideal everyday shoe. Atoms are the only shoes to come in ¼ sizes, perfectly fit to each foot and delivering a truly personal experience to each of our customers.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, we are a diverse team interested in shoes, chai, books about art and art about books. In addition to making the world’s best shoe, we deeply care about how our friends and customers feel about and interact with the Atoms' brand. Our culture values honesty, creative freedom, and thoughtfulness. One word we often use is meaningful — as a way to describe our work, our product, and our contributions out of the office.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Atoms' team is looking for a Creative Director that will successfully lead the strategic narrative across all Creative initiatives. You are a remarkable storyteller with an eye for taste and individuality. Your leadership will have a great impact on the brand strategy, advertising, marketing, retail environments, and the lifestyle experience we deliver to our customers and community. You push the boundaries and maintain high standards.
The ideal candidate has the capability to lead and collaborate, has a stellar design background, and obsesses about flawless execution in every touchpoint that reaches our customer. This is an incredible opportunity to help shape and continue elevating the Atoms brand.
- Lead the content creation process; develop and champion a consistent vision to support the overall brand across all marketing objectives
- Act as an evangelist for innovative and on-brand creative across the company
- Collaborate with the Founders and multiple function leaders on brand story, design, editorial/video, digital, online and retail experience.
- Build a creative team of thinkers and innovators
- Manage brand style guide and support and/or lead marketing objectives
- Care deeply about the creative integrity of our brand and the overall business goals across varying functions
- Guide all creative efforts of the Creative Studio in delivering a high quality and unique brand experience
- 10+ years of digital experience (E-commerce and/or Retail preferred)
- Fluency in Photoshop, Adobe Creative, InDesign, and Acrobat
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML and video editing are a plus; experience leading photo and video production
- A strong, creative design sense for luxury products, ideally in the fashion or lifestyle category
- Practical experience managing a global brand and extensive knowledge of channel best practices
- A compelling portfolio of work that elevates a brand’s creative experience with their customer community; people are inspired by and excited to work with you
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated passion for fostering and developing designers
- Creatively curious and someone who cares immensely about your work
- A leader that has worked with passionate founders and executives to collaborate on all things related to brand and product design
BENEFITS AT ATOMS
- Competitive salary and equity
- We care deeply about our families and loved ones, which is why our comprehensive health plans reflect exactly how much we value proper care for the extended Atoms' family
- Access to online courses and memberships to three local museums
- Network of mentors and coaching opportunities
- Brand new office in Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Complimentary shoes for you and your family
Read Full Job Description