Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are looking for a seasoned Creative Director with extensive video and story experience to join the Paxful marketing team. The Creative Director will be the project leader responsible for guiding the inspiration and practices that transform a campaign's creative strategy into bold and engaging content from development to execution. The ideal candidate must masterfully balance the needs of the audience and brand as well as direct the project teams' work toward best possible outcomes.
What you'll be doing:
- Create stories around Paxful’s brand and founders
- Scout to find the best stories from the community
- Provide leadership to a campaign team to deliver high-quality creative
- Represent the Creative Marketing team at meetings and providing meaningful input to best support a campaign
- Manage in-house teams to produce short form promotional content programming (e.g., trailers, TV spots, digital content, etc.)
- AVID editing for all promotional content
- Edit promotional content in the range of :30 promos, trailers, and long form
- Have a firm grasp of on-set etiquette along with strong production knowledge experience
- Interview A-list talent to help in furthering the Paxful brand
- Effectively build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders and talent
- Read and review scripts to identify content and scenes for the long form and direct the production teams
- Lead and guide the creative work of producers on a variety of projects
- Work with external agencies to deliver high-level creative output
- Participate in planning and preparing campaign budgets
- Manage deadlines and budgets of creative projects and campaigns
- Provide mentoring of junior staff and manage a team of illustrators
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing and the Head of Communications
What you'll bring to the role:
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge of creative marketing concepts, development, and production with the proven ability to manage creative projects from conception through implementation
- Experience gamifying and mobilizing community programs
- You're a storyteller by heart and understand how to portray stories that touch both the community and represent Paxful in professional way
- You're a strategic thinker and a creative problem solver with an ability to influence, ideate, and execute groundbreaking ideas as well as build strong teams focused on passion and creative innovation
- Superior knowledge of the media and content distribution process
- Adept in presentation and concept pitches
- Superior writing and production skills
- Ability to read a one-line
- Exceptional editing skills
- Expert knowledge of production management, budgeting, post-production, video, writing, and producing
- Ability to drive progress and delegate while strategically and creatively thinking in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment and ability to make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Strong managerial and leadership competencies and proven ability to inspire and nurture individual talent within a collaborative environment
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, and relationship development skills
- Ability to collaborate in a close team atmosphere that include executives, filmmakers, and talent
- Experience or interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Generous paid time off
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
- Accessible office in the Flatiron District
- Flexible hours