Creative Director at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about being a creative champion.
Design master. Magnificent mediator. Highly skilled multitasker. A great Creative Director brings it all to the party. As Creative Director at DigitalOcean, you will report into our CMO and will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive global design system strategy. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of branding and design both internal and external. This is a high-visibility, high-accountability position that plays a critical role in supporting the organization’s growth trajectory.
We are seeking a candidate who thrives in a fast paced environment, who can simplify complex design problems and highly technical solutions for all types of customer experiences who can partner with executives to shape our brand strategy.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Refine and build upon the brand foundation to drive a world-class visual brand guidelines that supports the companies business strategies, mission, vision, and values to create and support a best-in-class brand.
- Individually contribute hands-on design work along with your team to execute against an aggressive content calendar.
- Oversee the creative strategy and development of all external design activities including: website, landing pages, blog, digital campaigns, paid media, events, partner programs, vendor relations, and broad visual communication.
- Identify opportunities for proactive customer experiences that leverage existing and future content to drive self-service and gated marketing qualified (MQL) opportunities.
- Ensure consistency and creativity across all DigitalOcean visual communications.
- Actively monitor competitive landscapes to identify better customer experiences and drive self-service conversion across web properties.
- Create, drive, and manage compelling user experiences across all of the DigitalOcean marketing channels.
- Drive visual design from strategy to execution both internally and externally.
- Create a robust design system that enables consistency, scaling, and a better customer experience that supports faster testing to drive higher conversion rates across the website.
- Establish a long-term strategic visual communication plan to create coherent customer experiences throughout the evolution of the company.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing functions to develop and execute marketing plans, evaluate past activities, and support company objectives.
- Manage, lead, develop, and grow a team of talented designers.
- Performance history of working closely with stakeholders to create and develop quality customer experiences through conversion channels that leverage data driven design decisions
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills, with the ability to explain complicated concepts using clear and concise solutions
- Significant experience in working for a cloud-based SaaS company
- Ability to communicate with a technical developer-centric audience
- Experience managing and developing a successful design team
- Should be a self-starter - highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Proven track record for excelling in leading corporate creative strategy
- Experience managing agencies and direct reports
- Passion for technology and knowledge of the B2B tech, enterprise, IT requirements and cloud offerings available in the market
- Experience working in an agile based environment
- Detail oriented and extremely organized with an ability to multitask and prioritize against the business needs of a company
- Leadership and the soft skills to effectively communicate and manage a world-class creative team
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!