Creative Director at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is hiring a VP, Creative to lead our growing New-York based Creative Team. The Creative lead will partner with key business leaders in growth strategy, operations and product to elevate our brand across every aspect of the business, from art direction for all marketing channels to developing visual identities for physical experiences, to evolving our brand guidelines. This person will embrace the CLEAR brand and take it to its optimal potential through a passion for the customer experience, incredible design expertise and a willingness to take a hands-on role, from high level concepts all the way through to detailed execution.
The VP, Creative will be a strong leader, who can further the team’s creativity while working collaboratively with both the marketing team, and broader company stakeholders. The ideal candidate will know how to scale the CLEAR brand in a complex and evolving media environment, helping to conceptualize, design and produce campaigns ranging from large scale brand campaigns to email templates, social media content, paid ads, webpages, and more. A deep understanding of digital design, video, brand and social campaigns, physical spaces and performance marketing a must. The right candidate will bring a tireless entrepreneurial spirit, a bias for innovation and a sophisticated design sensibility.
What You Will Do:
- Elevate and bring the CLEAR brand to life by leading and overseeing marketing creative development (photography /videography, digital, physical, design and copy) across all channels and mediums.
- Translate the mission and vision of the brand into a realized story, product, experience.
- Drive new and innovative ways to present the brand and experience, while promoting continual improvement across the team.
- Drive creative excellence in design and voice, ensuring consistent presentation across all touchpoints and with cross-functional teams
- Continue to architect and own our brand guidelines to deliver a differentiated (and consistent) brand aesthetic and voice to guide all creative initiatives.
- Lead, inspire and manage a dedicated creative team with passion and positivity
- Be an active contributor to the marketing leadership team
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience in brand creative direction, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house experience. 5+ years’ experience in a creative leadership role. Proven relevant experience on high-growth tech and/or lifestyle brands. Experience in concepting and executing a brand identity and/or brand refresh. Work on service and subscription businesses is a plus.
- Strong, respectful leadership and managerial skills with executive presence
- Successfully operate in a fast paced, growing company, where innovation and rapid iteration are essential, and priorities shift frequently
- Portfolio of digital design (web/mobile) typography and video as well as demonstrated strength in voice, art direction and production oversight
- Strategic decision maker that uses data insights and business priorities and, prioritizes projects accordingly
- Highly organized, properly manage workflows and timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or similar discipline