Creative Lead (ACD)
We’re on the hunt for a creative lead to join the Vimeo Creative team. In this role, you will oversee internal creatives (and the occasional freelancer) in the development and execution of everything that falls under the fuzzy label of “creative.” Which, at Vimeo, runs the gamut of product, marketing, and many, many things in between. Brand platforms, ads, strategy, films, events, social activations, long-form content, brand design, product copy and design, innovation projects, and so on.
Be aware: this isn’t a sit-back-and-manage management role. You’ll be expected to jump in, roll up sleeves, and get amongst the work — concepting, executing, producing and crafting — every day.
The perfect candidate has experience with brand thinking at the highest level but also understands the importance of execution of the smallest detail. They have probably worked for creative agencies or in-house creative teams. Ideally both. And for at least 6 years.
This person should be exceptionally strong from a visual and art direction perspective. With a strong knowledge of design and layout, experience leading video and stills shoots, from concept to delivery. Be in tune with industry trends, and often the protagonist in setting them. A dab hand with the fundamentals of user experience, this person should also have a strong grasp with the written word, providing guidance when required around messaging and copy.
In this role, you will:
- Help build awareness of the Vimeo brand, and drive conversion across all tiers of the business to continually raise the bar creatively, putting out visionary and effective creative out into the world
- Lead campaigns and evergreen work across performance, CRM, event and brand marketing
- Work closely with our VP, Head of Creative, Copy and Brand design leads, to oversee and run the Vimeo Creative department.
- Directly manage creatives and designers, keeping them on track and delivering on schedule
- Provide creative direction, mentorship and “coach up” creatives on your team and throughout the organization.
- Be involved in recruiting and hiring additional creative team members
- Be able to present and articulate ideas to leadership
- Regularly report on creative performance; present high-level metrics and takeaways to senior leadership
- Collaborate daily with teams across Vimeo, including Marketing, Product, Engineering, Community, Biz Dev, and beyond
- Be a nice human :)
If you’re applying, you should:
- Have 6-10 years of experience leading creative teams for brands in-house or at an agency. Ideally both.
- Have a bachelor’s degree and a background in either art direction.
- Be familiar with the Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and other digital design tools
- Maintain a healthy obsession with creating and advocating for brand identity guidelines
To apply, please send us:
- A brief, non-generic cover letter
- A great resume
- A link to your portfolio
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 150 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.