Compass is looking for a Creative Lead to join our team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for bringing our brand, marketing and products to life and engaging audiences through visual storytelling. You will help support and shape the company's brand and push the development of strategic creative in alignment with business goals. You will lead the creation of a highly diverse set of creative work. This includes brand work, advertising, digital and many others for both the Compass brand and it’s industry-leading Agents. You have lead teams, mentored other creatives, and can drive projects through a world class process of ideation and execution. You have a keen eye for simple, beautiful and memorable design. You can guide writers, photographers, videographers, 3D artists, graphic designers and more to pull together cohesive creative. You have a proven ability to coach and mentor fellow team members to create work that makes an impact on the business. You lead with great ideas and have experience building a brand vision throughout every medium. As the Creative Lead you will educate our agents and others departments on compelling information design and dive deeply into an understanding of the real-estate industry that will allow you to change it for the better.
You will work closely with the Creative Directors, Art Leads, Senior Designers, Designers, Content Leads and more including Regional Marketing Directors, Marketing Managers, and Compass Agents on a daily basis.
At Compass You Will:
- Thrive for innovation and aesthetic excellence
- Possess the ability to take a project from ideation to completion
- Coach and advocate for junior designers and deliver actionable feedback on both design and art direction projects
- Exhibit self-initiative and operate with a high level of autonomy
- See the bigger picture by connecting design strategy to larger company initiatives and objectives
- Be a strong project manager with the ability to provide a timeline to completion for individual projects and projects of junior team members to ensure deadlines are met
- Be a self-starter that is comfortable with ambiguity
- Provide leadership that is Proactive. Positive. Rigorous.
- Partner closely with agents and sales managers to understand their business goals and objectives, marketing obstacles and untapped opportunities with a vision to make them the best they can be.
- Be a collaborator across departments with an emphasis on positive communication
- Exhibit patience when discussing feedback and relaying creative strategy to clients.
What We’re Looking For:
- Expertise in design software (e.g. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Extensive experience with multiple-disciplinary design functions including but not limited to print production, editorial, animation/motion, mobile design, storyboarding, illustration, CSS, wireframing etc
- Ability to concept and complete campaign work
- Experience with original content generation
- Experience in Art Direction, working on set in photo, working with models and/or portrait photography and styling for still life
- Proficient in skills that contribute to successful video projects (e.g. Pacing, storytelling, storyboarding, sound & music)
- Autonomous client interaction and management
- 8+ years of experience as a designer
- 2+ years of experience as a manager
- Experience and confidence in client service environments
- Must be located in Los Angeles or willing to relocate to the area.
Please provide a website link to your portfolio in your application.