Compass seeks a Design Coordinator to join our Real Estate Team to help us create the real estate office of the future. The successful candidate will be a key driver in the creation and programming of exceptional offices for Compass agents across the country that maintain consistency with the Compass brand. Further, the Design Coordinator will help implement systems and processes to measure the performance of our built environment and its effect on agent performance and key financial metrics.
The main responsibility of the Design Coordinator is to aid the Real Estate team in its evaluation, due diligence, and construction of new offices for Compass agents. This will include the following:
- Quickly developing test-fits and schematic designs to aid the Real Estate teams’ evaluation of new offices. While the Design Coordinator is expected to be able to produce the test fits in-house, they should also be strong managers of outside designers when workload necessitates the use of external resources.
- During Design Development, and in coordination with our external architects, define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the market, neighborhood, and internal design standards.
- Aid in bid strategy for each project and develop design schedule to meet key project milestones and desired first day of business (FDOB). During bidding and construction, work with regional Construction Managers and external project managers to maintain project budgets and milestones while maintaining Compass’s brand standards.
- Identify, select and specify products and vendors that meet brand standards
- Work closely with internal team to manage FF&E supply chain (lead times, budgets, quantities and finishes)
- Clearly and concisely communicate with both internal team members and consultants throughout project duration regarding design concept, design execution and follow through
- Gather inspiration from multiple sources, generating mood packages and translating mood into successfully designed and executed spaces
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field
- 3+ years of experience in High End Hospitality, Residential, Commercial or Retail Interior Design
- Strong understanding of FF&E and space planning
- Ability to incorporate metrics (area, pricing, schedule, etc) into design process
- Proficient in the following programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Revit
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.