Design Coordinator at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery Inc, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Design Coordinator to support the day to day of our stellar design team. This will be a full time position located in our New York, New York office.
1. Manage allocations across all projects for the design team
2. Act as the Project Manager for the Food Network Kitchen design work
• Lead daily stand-ups.
• Update the physical kanban board and digital JIRA kanban board.
• Create timelines, track and outline progress of developing work.
• Work with Design Directors to coordinate and track project tasks based on designer skill set and availability.
• Act as a liaison between design and dev, communicate updates in design/dev channel.
• Update dev/design tracker doc with latest Zeplin files and important dates.
• Update SmartSheet with current design due dates.
• Document important information during meetings to share feedback with design team.
• Attend Project/Program weekly meetings to give the latest updates on the team.
• Attend Dev/Design meetings to share revisions, updates and collaborate across both teams for efficiency.
• Assist with design time tracking.
3. Manage the accounts and rollout of all design tools and software as well as subscription renewals, expense tracking, changes to software contracts
4. Work with Product Design leadership and Product Operations on font license renewals, expense tracking and changes to font usage across digital brands
5. Assist with operations of Design Thinking Training, Product Discovery Sprints and shared learnings
6. Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
* BA degree from an accredited university
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Exceptional time-management skills
* A strong and confident communicator (verbal, written, and visual)
* A proactive problem solver
* Always empathetic with and advocating for the User
* A systematic thinker who sees the big picture (yet is still attentive to details)
* Curious and eager to learn
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States