WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is crafting a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and building a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- You'll apply design principles and process across functions to deliver strong value to the business unit(s) you're supporting.
- Leading teams through rigorous design iterations and implementation, you'll be the primary driver of design.
- Streamline complex problems into simple solutions.
- Oversee creative and maintain consistency for the WeWork brand across many functions.
- Think strategically and connect design thinking back to specific business use cases.
- Coach and encourage designers, at varying levels to help the business through a multitude of design techniques.
- Manage business leader relationships across a variety of business lines.
- 10+ years of design experience
- Evidence of pushing impeccable work into market
- BA/BS degree in Design, Organizational Design, or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working on both client facing and internal projects
- Scaled teams to support many different zones
- Up to date with current design trends across various industries and can tie to various business lines
- Passion for, and history of, growing various levels of designers - providing positive and constructive feedback
Nice to have:
- If you have worked in varied industries or in international markets it will help you in this role
- Able to understand that with fast growth comes fast change, and as a result, you work well in environments that can change day to day
- If you've played a key role in external conferences, workshops, papers, and articles that would be a strong plus
- Ability and passion to mentor and grow various design talent at various levels - both positive and constructive feedback.
- Managed team and business customers expectations equally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.