Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a Design Lead, your creative and idea-driven approach will introduce Zocdoc to millions of patients and doctors alike! You’ll play a key role in evolving the Zocdoc brand across multiple channels and touchpoints—including visual assets, digital product features, ad campaigns and printed collateral. In short, you’ll play an integral role in telling our story and giving power back to the patient!
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Are excited about evolving a brand’s expression across touchpoints
- Embrace fast-paced, collaborative teams
- Are able to see, define and evolve creative possibilities within your role and projects
- Think strategically, and consider your audience
- Have strong opinions that are loosely held
- Love shipping work and subscribe to the idea that done is beautiful
Your day-to-day is…
- Designing a variety of high-quality visuals and layouts to support Zocdoc’s communications across a variety of channels, including visual asset creation—photography, illustration, animation—ad campaigns, responsive web, digital product, email, presentations and collateral.
- Taking full responsibility for creative projects from concept to final execution and production.
- Owning relationships with our partners on the Acquisition, Enterprise, Product Marketing, Content, and UX Design teams to help expand our business and evolve the Zocdoc brand.
- Presenting work across the company and communicating clearly and effectively across teams.
- Managing and giving constructive creative feedback to both internal and external project teams and contributors.
- Handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Owning a combination of self-driven and collaborative projects.
- Working on the Creative team, within the Brand side of Zocdoc.
- 5–8 years of relevant, multi-disciplinary design and art direction experience on an in-house creative team and/or within a creative agency.
- At least 2 years of experience collaborating with and art directing photographers, illustrators, and animators to bring concepts to life.
- An extreme attention to detail.
- A varied and robust portfolio of past work indicating your qualifications in branding and design.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communication design, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Passion for building diverse and inclusive teams, designs, and customer experiences
- Familiarity with product design and engineering process and considerations
- Animation, digital product design, and/or writing abilities and experience with applicable software, like After Effects and Figma (a plus).
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care for employees
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.