Design Operations Lead at Cedar
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience! Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Cedar is seeking a Design Operations Lead to join our Design Ops team! We are looking for a candidate who is interested in helping build out a strategic practice in the up-and-coming field of design operations. Design Ops at Cedar owns the Design System, which is responsible for growing velocity, crafting consistency, and improving the quality of design for product teams. In other words, the design system is a product; its users are designers, engineers, and other internal partners. The Design Ops product designer will be responsible for amplifying and empowering design across multiple product functions.
Our ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of visual design details, but will do more than just push pixels; this person will drive design standards and ensure consistency in Cedar’s suite of products. This candidate will be organized, strategic, and a positive team orchestrator who is responsible for executing project objectives and results for cross functional partners. Additionally, this candidate will be a strong systems thinker who will solve to scale an extraordinary experience.
- Drive and amplify design standards and quality at Cedar
- Help the design team evolve Cedar’s design system
- Build cross functional relationships to make informed decisions
- Communicate clearly about the importance of quality design and execution
- Collaborate with a diverse range of project stakeholders and partners, including design, engineering, sales, marketing, and healthcare clients.
- Work on end-to-end design projects, from brief to launch
- Design solutions that are simple, legible, usable, accessible, and mobile-first.
- Demonstrate service design to craft sophisticated solutions and execute deliverables that meets the needs of users
- Onboarding designers into the tools and processes
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Attention to visual design details as they pertain to shipping and spec'ing design system components
- An advocate for, and outspoken about, crafting for accessibility and inclusivity
- Detail-oriented, meticulous, and organized
- Validated experience in collaborating with engineering on interaction design
- Familiar with the QA/UAT process
- Can clearly communicate design decisions
- Is a systems thinker and looks outside of their vertical, being able to make connections that other people can’t make
- Previous experience as a designer or other user experience role
- Willing to roll up their sleeves to contribute to a fast growing startup
- UX copywriting
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Design Operations Lead roles who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.